Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thank you and Good Bye. Def has left the building

This is a discussion on Thank you and Good Bye. Def has left the building within the Motorola Atrix General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; After about two and a half years my trusty Atrix died. I really liked that phone, but it was pretty rough the last few months. ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Defender
  • 1 Post By ROCer

Thread: Thank you and Good Bye. Def has left the building

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Thank you and Good Bye. Def has left the building

After about two and a half years my trusty Atrix died. I really liked that phone, but it was pretty rough the last few months. I was limping along hoping it would live long enough for me to scope out the Note 3 or HTC One Max, as a phablet would be pretty cool.

Unfortunately the Atrix started doing this thing where it wouldn't accept texts or emails and would crash about ten seconds into any phone call. Then it would reboot long enough to crash and reset, at which point it would reboot long enough to crash again. It also did this neat thing where the more apps I uninstalled and the more text messages I deleted, the less memory it had available. Kinda cool from a fifth dimension point of view, and probably great for the guy with the other half of that quantum equation, but not so good for lil ol me.

I had my eye on an S4 as a replacement if it died before the Note 3 or One Max showed up, but I opted instead to make a claim on my Smartphone insurance policy, and my new phone, a Galaxy S4 should show up tomorrow.

At any rate, I have had a few yucks here and gotten lots of great info. I'm assuming the immediate response to this post is going to be a link to the S3 forum you guys have as well, and I'll probably drop by there too. For now though I just want to say thanks to all the folks who helped me over the past couple of years and all those who tolerated me in the same time frame. As a forum owner myself I can appreciate a good one, and this certainly is one of them. Ok, not as good as mine, but well, mine has pictures of me with long hair using PDA's in the shower.

There, now you have it too. But we are still cooler. You guys are a close second though.

Oh yeah, and if anyone needs an Otterbox Defender for their Atrix, let me know. It's never seen my shower, don't worry...

See you all on the other side. Don't panic, I'll bring my towel.

Def
    ROCer likes this.
    Safety equipment amuses me. What good are steel toes and a plastic hat when the crane is lifting 15 tonnes over your head?

Google +

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    Sorry to hear about your phone, but glad to hear you are getting a cool one. If you do a factory reset on your atrix(wipe data and storage) and possibly a new sim card it may make a good backup device. Good luck!

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Actually, I'm back, with what should hopefully be my last Atrix problem.

My Atrix won't boot up long enough to do anything. As soon as it starts it crashes again. When I try a Hard Reset I get as far as the Android screen with the ! in the triangle and I can't get any further than that. Because of the insurance plan I have, I need to send the old phone in to prove that it was toast.

My concern is that I have numerous logins and other info in my phone that I do not want to let out, but the traditional methods of wiping it are no good to me. The phone is inaccessible to me, but someone who knows a bit more about it than I do could perhaps fix it enough to get at my information.

Is there another way to wipe this thing?

Def
    Safety equipment amuses me. What good are steel toes and a plastic hat when the crane is lifting 15 tonnes over your head?

Google +

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    Is your battery charged? My guess is that you are getting stuck on step number 4. See Das8nt's edit at the bottom of the OP....

[How To] Motorola Atrix Hard Reset

Edit (das8nt): *If on Android 2.3.4/2.3.6 then replace step #4 with pressing both Volume buttons at the same time. Also, use the Power button to activate the highlighted option instead of looking for the OK.

Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Sorry your Atrix died. It was a good phone. Congratulations on your new phone. Maybe an S4 will put some hair on your chest
    Condor97 likes this.
    The human brain is amazing. It starts as soon as you wake up and stops as soon as you get work.
    "There's no 'i' in Phone"

Atrix(Retired) - ROOT, Unlocked Bootloader
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Asus Transformer Infinity

Remove Ads

Ads