Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Fundamental Questions

This is a discussion on Fundamental Questions within the Motorola Atrix General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; Sorry i am not too techie In my phone it show H+ but in my ATT account it shows you have Data Pro 2GB..Does it ...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Fundamental Questions

Sorry i am not too techie

In my phone it show H+ but in my ATT account it shows you have Data Pro 2GB..Does it mean im in 3g or 4g ??

Is there any unlimited data plan in Atrix ..One of my frnd using IPhone 3gs having unlimited? why we dont have on Atrix??

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    The unlimited data plan was discontinued a while ago, but people who already had it were allowed to keep it.

The Data Pro plan allows you 2GB of usage, no matter which network you're on. The stock Atrix rom always shows either H+ or Edge, so no way to tell if you're on 3G or one of the few who actually gets HSPA speeds.

Hope this helps!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks alot Greven

Member #
    Liked
    547 times
    You're on a 4G (actually 3.5G) plan, which means that whenever AT&T throws the switch for HSPA+, you'll have the additional speed.

As for Unlimited Data, unless you were able to keep that from an earlier plan, you can't get it any more :,(

Edit: Man, I'm gettin' slow...

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    The H+ can actually mean 3G AND what AT&T is calling 4G, which is HSPA+ technology, and actually runs using the same 3G technology. You are supposed to get 3G speeds until AT&T upgrades the network to allow the 4G speeds. You should always have a H+ if you are connected to 3G or 4G.

AT&T did away with the Unlimited Data plans some time ago. Those users that had Unlimited at that time were allowed to keep it, grandfathered in. It's no longer possible to get Unlimited Data with AT&T, no matter what phone, if you are a new customer or if you're an existing customer that did not previously have Unlimited.

Edit: Lol, me too! I started the reply and had to take a phone call... come back and submit and there's already three posts up.. Haha!

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks to Mod and Admin

This is my first smart Phone and as i said im not a techie.. Can i ask basic questions if you never mind

Member #
    Liked
    547 times
    Always try to use the search function at the top of the forum, because many "noob" questions have been discussed already; but if you can't find your answer, ask away! We have a fantastic group of folks here that genuinely want to help.

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Always try to use the search function at the top of the forum, because many "noob" questions have been discussed already; but if you can't find your answer, ask away! We have a fantastic group of folks here that genuinely want to help.
    Did he mention how many fantastic people are here that would love to help you?
    If he didn't there you go!

Seriously this is the best forum I have ever been a member of I haven't been flamed once everyone is so awesome and respectful!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Abstract View Post
    Did he mention how many fantastic people are here that would love to help you?
    If he didn't there you go!

Seriously this is the best forum I have ever been a member of I haven't been flamed once everyone is so awesome and respectful!
    +1 I have never been flamed here either nor have i seen anyone being flamed... This place is truly awesome!

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Remove Ads

Ads