Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

CWM Backups Corruption?

This is a discussion on CWM Backups Corruption? within the Motorola Atrix General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; I have 2 CWM backups that I left on my external SD card. I had 2 that I pulled off of my SD card and ...

Member #
    Liked
    30 times

CWM Backups Corruption?

I have 2 CWM backups that I left on my external SD card. I had 2 that I pulled off of my SD card and transferred to my PC (cut from SD, paste to PC). I then attempted to restore from one of the backups I had on my PC, so I did a cut from PC paste to SD. This back-up would fail each time I tried to restore to it. I then tried to restore from a backup I left on my SD card. Worked exactly as it should.

Question being - does it corrupt a CWM backup, if you remove it from your phone? Or what is the proper procedure for removing CWM backups from the SD Card and storing on your PC & moving back to the SD card w/o corruption?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    I have never tried it myself, but I have heard of others successfully storing backup files on their PC. It's hard to say what happened with yours.

Sent from my 1+(1)

Remove Ads

Ads