Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

(Former) BlackBerry Users Poll

This is a discussion on (Former) BlackBerry Users Poll within the Motorola Atrix General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; Being a former / current Blackberry user as well as a new Android user (Moto Atrix FTW), I got to wondering how many others here ...

View Poll Results: Former / Current Blackberry Users:

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • I switched from Blackberry to Android.

27 79.41%
  • I switched from Blackberry to iPhone.

3 8.82%
  • I still use my BlackBerry, along with my smartphone, because I prefer how it functions.

4 11.76%
  • I switched to a smartphone, but going back to BlackBerry.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Twitter
    stalematev6
    Liked
    109 times

(Former) BlackBerry Users Poll

Being a former / current Blackberry user as well as a new Android user (Moto Atrix FTW), I got to wondering how many others here were experiencing (or had experienced) the same thing I did: I finally got "with it".

I left out the "I must use a BlackBerry for work, still" option, since that's not really a choice. It's also my current situation.
    Last edited by stalemate; 04-08-2011 at 09:17 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Purely as a productivity tool, the BlackBerry keyboard is infinitely better than the touchscreen on Atrix. Security and privacy would also keep me from adopting an Android device as a primary business tool. The Atrix is sooo much more fun and social than the BlackBerry. For me it's still an AND decision, not an OR.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    Being a former / current Blackberry user as well as a new Android user (Moto Atrix FTW), I got to wondering how many others here were experiencing (or had experienced) the same thing I did: I finally got "with it".

I left out the "I must use a BlackBerry for work, still" option, since that's not really a choice. It's also my current situation.
    I Stopped using my Blackberry as soon as the iPhone 3g came out, but was watching the Android phones The dual core CPU on the Motorola Atrix made my decision to switch from the iPhone to the Atrix an easy one. I have even been a Windows Mobile user at one time. Having had experience with all three, I have a few issues with each, but all three operating systems have positive features to offer as well. Wouldn't it be nice to assemble the best of each into a single operating system?

Member #
    Twitter
    stalematev6
    Liked
    109 times
    Quote Originally Posted by millers View Post
    ... Wouldn't it be nice to assemble the best of each into a single operating system?
    Nail => head.

I concur with you guys: appreciate the security and functionality offered by the Blackberry system, but prefer Android on Atrix for Real Life™ usage.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    Nail => head.

I concur with you guys: appreciate the security and functionality offered by the Blackberry system, but prefer Android on Atrix for Real Life™ usage.
    MAN! I wish I would have trademarked Real Life™!!! You must be rolling in it!

...and back on topic: I'll 3rd the combining of the best features, though I've never called a BB my own. I love my Android, but it still lacks in a few key areas. But, nothings perfect and never will be.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Twitter
    stalematev6
    Liked
    109 times
    Quote Originally Posted by das8nt View Post
    MAN! I wish I would have trademarked Real Life™!!! You must be rolling in it!
    I even had it gold plated, because that's how I roll, keeping it real and all.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    I have both a BB and the Atrix. Can't get rid of the BB because it is work issued, and to be honest, BB does have better safety.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Love my blackberry for work and emails also bb messenger definatly better then buying a phone package with unlimited texts . But it is no fun and it's not a phone to show off but thats not what it is designed for and we can all appreciate that. I will never get rid of my bb its battery can get me through 3 days usage and never breaks when I drop it riding :P.

Member #
    Twitter
    stalematev6
    Liked
    109 times
    So I came back to this thread today, searched for it even, as I was wondering how the poll had gone.

Very interesting results.

Especially the last one.

With the latest reports from Gartner, I think we already knew that RIM was sadly losing ground and that Android in general was gaining the smartphone OS shares race. I never would have guessed it had almost half the market though.
    Android 4.4.2 Jelly Bean || Bell Mobility Samsung Note 3
    Epinter's CM 10.1 || Atrix 4G MB860

Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    wow, funny you brought this up again right now... i *just* mentioned that i used to have a blackberry in another thread - i went from a moto razr to a blackberry pearl to an iphone 3g to the atrix
    *the views and opinions expressed in this post do not reflect the views or opinions of atrixforums or its owner(s), moderators, or administrators and is intended purely for satirical purposes only*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads