Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Poor reception, stuck number on keypad, uncommanded random dialing and more...

This is a discussion on Poor reception, stuck number on keypad, uncommanded random dialing and more... within the Motorola Atrix General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; Poor reception, stuck number on keypad, uncommanded random dialing, speech commands randomly start on it's own. Of all these the deal breaker for me is ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Poor reception, stuck number on keypad, uncommanded random dialing and more...

Poor reception, stuck number on keypad, uncommanded random dialing, speech commands randomly start on it's own. Of all these the deal breaker for me is going to be the poor reception. I'm taking this phone back to get a replacement and am considering going back to iphone. My 3GS gets better reception than my atrix. I'm getting lots of dropped calls compared to my iphone. Could a new phone fix this problem? I don't want to get rid of this atrix and end up with the same problem with another atrix.

So if any one has some info, experience with any of this, your input would be appreciated. Other than the previously mentioned items, I'm really starting to like this phone...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    My experiences have been positive with the Atrix. No dropped calls, reception is about the same as before this phone, haven't seen any issues with voice commands like that. Others have had various different issues with their phones (including simple operator error). If you're still within warranty and not happy, go to AT&T and replace the phone would be my suggestion.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm in Canada, so Im dealing with Bell. They already said they would replace the phone. My home is right on the edge of cell service and in my house it just doesn't work. Some sales person said the 4g network is still not perfected here so that could be causing the problem, I don't know.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    Well, HSPA+ still is in voodoo land. If you're in a fringe area, I'm guessing that many phones will be similar issues. One suggestion would be to try to get Bell to give you a microcell for your home since you can't get a good signal there. They cost about $150, but I've heard stories (can't vouch for their validity, however) of AT&T giving them to customers in situations such as yours. I've considered getting one for my house as I've always had a dead spot and getting 2 bars is about the best I get on any AT&T phone.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Interestingly enough, I moved my phone over to the next window ledge, about a foot from where I was putting it (that's where I put it when I charge it) and it get's good reception there. I just use the speaker phone at home. I'm thinking I'll probably still trade it off because of the other issues, which by the way haven't happened for a while now. But I'm getting another atrix. This phone has to many cool features to give it up at this point.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    ...picked up my new atrix today.got my fingers crossed ...

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    547 times
    Odds are you'll be fine, tony. Fear not! HAIL THE ATRIX!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok, so I took my second Atrix back today cause of sticking keypad. Only way to fix it is to pull the battery. Tech support at Bell said to give it a couple days. The keypad on the phone is new so it is probably a little stiff and should loosen up with use. Anyway, Im on Atrix #3. Third times a charm, wish me luck!!

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    547 times
    Sticky keypad? On an Atrix? Care to clarify for me?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    How do non-mechanical keyboards stick? Much less loosen up with use?

Ads