Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What will Atrix's future become when LTE is rolled out ???

This is a discussion on What will Atrix's future become when LTE is rolled out ??? within the Motorola Atrix General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; Just wondering as ATT is going to roll out LTE later this year... what this really mean to Atrix as it does not support LTE.......

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

What will Atrix's future become when LTE is rolled out ???

Just wondering as ATT is going to roll out LTE later this year... what this really mean to Atrix as it does not support LTE....

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Well, for the few that will be in areas where the new LTE network will first launch, it will be a decision as to whether they need to wait to buy their next phone or not. For the rest of us, we probably won't see the LTE reach our areas until later into 2012, close to being eligible for an upgrade again.

Then again, when you decide to get a phone that supports LTE, there will likely be a premium charge associated with it that will pose a new question... is it worth it?

I think the Atrix will have a long and happy life in the hands of many people.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

Sent from my Preclair Backflip using Tapatalk

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    ^^^^^^^Agreed. Bye the time LTE is available in my area the Atrix 2 LTE will be coming out.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Just from reading the subject line I can answer that;

Motorola Atrix II
    "The best analogy I can tell you is; The Atrix is like a race car, it will take you a few days to customize it, but once you do, it's like nothing you've ever driven before." -FlexRated

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    the reason I asked was because I am really torn between atrix and the thunderbolt.... I live in Madison, WI which is one of the area where Verizon will launch the LTE... which we don't get this kind of treatment often from other provider...

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Who knows when the Thunderbolt will launch - it seems that both Verizon and Best Buy have been jerking consumers around with release date rumors, pre-orders and postponements. The verdict is in - now that Verizon has its grubby little hands on the iPhone, it's time for Android to take a back seat. Quite the opposite from at&t who knows that Big Red smells blood in the water. Expect better Android support from Ma Bell going forward, and less from Vz.

That said, Verizon's early rollout of LTE will literally blow data speeds on any other network out of the water. So it depends on what's important to you - a better phone or a better network. The former is Atrix, the latter is Thunderbolt.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by shb View Post
    the reason I asked was because I am really torn between atrix and the thunderbolt.... I live in Madison, WI which is one of the area where Verizon will launch the LTE... which we don't get this kind of treatment often from other provider...
    I agree with Effington, and while I don't think the Thunderbolt will be quite as good of a phone, it will still be very respectable. If you need/really want the faster (MUCH) data speeds of LTE, then go with the Thunderbolt, if you can wait on the speeds then I would get the Atrix.

The other thing you might consider, are you on AT&T now? Do you have good service with them? Usually your best choice, no matter which phone, is going with the carrier that you get the best service with. There's nothing worse than a great phone with horrible service... it's just a waste.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Remove Ads

Ads