Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alternative Extra Battery

This is a discussion on Alternative Extra Battery within the Motorola Atrix General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; There is a company Gomadic that produces different charging systems. Gomadic Adaptable Charging Technologies The connectors at the end of the cables are interchangeable. This ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By davemason

Thread: Alternative Extra Battery

Member #
    Liked
    12 times

Alternative Extra Battery

There is a company Gomadic that produces different charging systems. Gomadic Adaptable Charging Technologies

The connectors at the end of the cables are interchangeable.
    This is the page for the atrix products: ATRIX 4G

I bought some of their product to use with another android device. A car charger, a dual cord a/c charger and a AA battery pack charger. The oem charger wall wort is rated at 850mA., the dual cord a/c charger is rated at 2A. No problem with current.

I have been using the a/c charger at home for the few days since I bought the Atrix. I tried the battery pack charger on Sat. Charged the atrix up from 90% 3 times to see if it would work. Then used it for several hours to see how long the batteries would last. You can always carry an extra set of batteries if 1 set is not enough.

Portable Emergency AA Battery Charge Extender for the Motorola ATRIX 4G - uses Gomadic TipExchange Technology

My version is long and narrow, the batteries are 2x2, the above unit is 4 wide, but I imagine it will work the same. The AA batteries I have are NiMH 2050 mAH. Very easy to find. They also make a 3400mAH rechargeable pack with a long cord. The AA pack has a cord only 7 inches long, the power connector adds another 6 inches.

Some velcro in the right place would allow you to use the AA pack as a mount to tip the atrix up some if you like it that way when viewing / typing on a desk. Nowornever, was thinking of you in class using the velcro to hold the atrix up against the pack dock.

WallbrownF likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    That's really interesting. So far it seems to be working for you? LOL....that would be GREAT for class seeing as how I burned out my portable charger! Thanks for the link!!!!!
    1- Use the search function before asking a question--it takes away from new questions to have the same ones pop up over and over.
    2- ROMS
    3-
    HACKS
    4- THEMES
    5- To root 8.3 go HERE
    I dont mean to seem rude...but PLEASE search for your answer. New questions deserve answers, and we can't see them if the same thing pops up over and over

Remove Ads

Ads