Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Ice Cream Sandwich announced for Q4

This is a discussion on Ice Cream Sandwich announced for Q4 within the Motorola Atrix General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; " "One OS that runs everywhere." There you have it, folks! Google intends to meld its Honeycomb tablet wares and Gingerbread smartphone software into one ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PS52

Thread: Ice Cream Sandwich announced for Q4

Member #
    Twitter
    HRdrummer300
    Liked
    5 times

Ice Cream Sandwich announced for Q4

""One OS that runs everywhere." There you have it, folks! Google intends to meld its Honeycomb tablet wares and Gingerbread smartphone software into one delicious Ice Cream Sandwich. Maybe that's why the "sandwich" bit is in the name? Either way, it'll be a universal OS that runs on everything from teeny tiny Android phones to 10-inch tablets and will intelligently adapt to each form factor with things like a resizable status bar. Some other fancy new additions are being demonstrated right now, including face-tracking and camera focus shifting based on voice recognition."

So it was just announced at Google IO today that Ice Cream Sandwich is releasing around Q4. So do you think were skipping GB all together and just getting ICS, or are we still getting GB in Q4 and not getting ICS till later next year?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    I'm hoping we still get Gingerbread soon and get to have that get us by for a few months.. I don't really want to want till like mid December
    "Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Member #
    Twitter
    HRdrummer300
    Liked
    5 times
    Apparently Moto htc and couple of other companies promised to have os updates within 18 months from release. I guess thats pretty fair, I know I would prefer instant but we all know that isnt a possibility lol

Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    I like Ice cream Sammies alot. And I think I'm over waiting for a new os. It will happen when it happens. Thanks alot Sony for making me so patient, you d-bahgs.
    JDM07 likes this.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TRdrummer View Post
    Apparently Moto htc and couple of other companies promised to have os updates within 18 months from release. I guess thats pretty fair, I know I would prefer instant but we all know that isnt a possibility lol
    Yeah, this is actually great news! The 18 months is actually the minimum period that they will keep a new phone up-to-date for. Google, the carriers and manufacturers have also begun to work together to universalize the OS builds so that updates can be released faster across all devices. Google will begin to set a maximum window in which the OEMs and carriers have to get the new release out. So, this is actually an 18 month update guarantee as well as a structure that will greatly reduce update delays across multiple devices.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Remove Ads

Ads