Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Netflix for Android finally! But not for Atrix.

This is a discussion on Netflix for Android finally! But not for Atrix. within the Motorola Atrix General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; Tested: Netflix Streaming Finally Arrives on Android - Tested I was pretty excited to read this but then found it is not available for the ...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Netflix for Android finally! But not for Atrix.

Tested: Netflix Streaming Finally Arrives on Android - Tested

I was pretty excited to read this but then found it is not available for the Atrix yet. It looks like you need to have Gingerbread sadly

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash108 View Post
    Tested: Netflix Streaming Finally Arrives on Android - Tested

I was pretty excited to read this but then found it is not available for the Atrix yet. It looks like you need to have Gingerbread sadly
    Yeah, I even messed around with first sideloading the Netflix apk, which worked. It loaded a red screen then told me "your phone isn't supported". Then I finally rooted (now Swype doesn't work) and tried the reported trick of modifying the 'build.prop' file to make it look like it was a nexus s or another phone that WAS supported. All that did was make the app completely crash - it would load, then immediately shut down back to the app screen.

Sad. I'm sure we could hack it eventually, but it would be nice to work. If anyone gets this to work, please post how. On the bright side, since Flash works on Android so well, we can watch movies on Amazon, plus the new Google movie rental service. I still love my phone.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ap0c View Post
    Yeah, I even messed around with first sideloading the Netflix apk, which worked. It loaded a red screen then told me "your phone isn't supported". Then I finally rooted (now Swype doesn't work) and tried the reported trick of modifying the 'build.prop' file to make it look like it was a nexus s or another phone that WAS supported. All that did was make the app completely crash - it would load, then immediately shut down back to the app screen.

Sad. I'm sure we could hack it eventually, but it would be nice to work. If anyone gets this to work, please post how. On the bright side, since Flash works on Android so well, we can watch movies on Amazon, plus the new Google movie rental service. I still love my phone.
    Hey Ap0c, nice to see you around; haven't in a while.

I'm assuming these are the instructions you used? --> How to easily install the Netflix app on your Android phone (Root required) – Android and Me

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Remove Ads

Ads