Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Existing SD Card Move to Atrix?

This is a discussion on Existing SD Card Move to Atrix? within the Motorola Atrix General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; I had a question that I'm hoping someone can answer for me. I just ordered an Atrix for myself and another for my wife. We ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Existing SD Card Move to Atrix?

I had a question that I'm hoping someone can answer for me. I just ordered an Atrix for myself and another for my wife. We both are currently sporting the OG Droid with a 16Gb SD card.

It just occurred to me that I might be able to move it from one phone to the other...my question is, will I be forced to format the cards, or can they just move over without losing any of the pictures or videos that are already on them?

My assumption is that I can move them without a problem, but will probably have to format them or something. Haven't found anything that is specific about it and wanted to see if anyone had a good idea.

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellan View Post
    I had a question that I'm hoping someone can answer for me. I just ordered an Atrix for myself and another for my wife. We both are currently sporting the OG Droid with a 16Gb SD card.

It just occurred to me that I might be able to move it from one phone to the other...my question is, will I be forced to format the cards, or can they just move over without losing any of the pictures or videos that are already on them?

My assumption is that I can move them without a problem, but will probably have to format them or something. Haven't found anything that is specific about it and wanted to see if anyone had a good idea.

Thanks!

BACKUP your SD Card!!!

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    161 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellan View Post

Thanks!
    You will most liley have to reformat the card. I suggest moving all your photos/music and whatever else you want to save to your PC and just retransfer them after.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    It will format it I've heard. Back it up first. Move it, then copy the files back via USB.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Awesome...that's what I thought, but just wanted to be sure. Unfortunately, the micro usb port on both our phones won't connect anymore (been using an external charger with two extra batteries to rotate in and out for weeks)...Was just hoping to avoid jumping through extra hoops.

Thanks for the quick answers! Now I'm going to dig in my junk drawer to find that micro sd card adapter so I can just read the data off a card reader!

Ads