Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Goodbye, MOTO.

This is a discussion on Goodbye, MOTO. within the Motorola Atrix General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; I bought my Atrix this morning from the AT&T store when it opened. After the initial rush went away, the fact that the phone rebooted ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Goodbye, MOTO.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Goodbye, MOTO.

I bought my Atrix this morning from the AT&T store when it opened. After the initial rush went away, the fact that the phone rebooted randomly a few times really started to get annoying. That was around 1 PM. Over the hours between then and now, it rebooted three times. In the past five minutes, it rebooted twice.

I haven't rooted it, I haven't done anything even remotely processor intensive; the last two times it rebooted I was (1) installing YouTube from the Market and (2) watching a preview/review video from CES.

I can't say I'm very happy with my first Android experience.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Get a new one asap!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    Quote Originally Posted by begadkepat View Post
    I bought my Atrix this morning from the AT&T store when it opened. After the initial rush went away, the fact that the phone rebooted randomly a few times really started to get annoying. That was around 1 PM. Over the hours between then and now, it rebooted three times. In the past five minutes, it rebooted twice.

I haven't rooted it, I haven't done anything even remotely processor intensive; the last two times it rebooted I was (1) installing YouTube from the Market and (2) watching a preview/review video from CES.

I can't say I'm very happy with my first Android experience.
    You just got a bad phone - exchange it and try again - it happens sometimes man.... i've bought electronics before that were dead out of the box - have faith and try again!!! this is an amazing phone!

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Bad copy, Replace it ASAP!
    "The best analogy I can tell you is; The Atrix is like a race car, it will take you a few days to customize it, but once you do, it's like nothing you've ever driven before." -FlexRated

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune, I hope you get a replacement soon. Haven't heard anyone else having this problem, shouldn't be hard to get a replacement (hopefully).

Member #
    I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available. If you try it once, you will die.
    Liked
    68 times
    This is the first atrix I've heard with any problems. Replace it and see how the next one does for you. Good luck

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    yea, sucks to hear that. mine has been working amazing all night. took a while to drain the battery all the way down, getting the cycle started off right!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah, I'm absolutely going to give it another chance. Hopefully I'll be able to get a replacement on Thursday (two exams before then). I read a thread about other people having this problem (over on xda), so it's not isolated.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    Did this problem start immediately?
    let us know how the replacement works out for you
    Looking forward to a happier thread by you in a couple days!!
    begadkepat likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    547 times
    There seems to be an average out-of-box failure rate of less than 2% for electronics. You just got lucky...the new one will be fine!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads