Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Atrix Gingerbread Upgrade Causes AT&T Mobile Hotspot Failure

This is a discussion on Atrix Gingerbread Upgrade Causes AT&T Mobile Hotspot Failure within the Motorola Atrix General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; Yesterday, I followed a news article to the Motorola Motoblur 4.5.91.MB860.ATT.en.US upgrade which contains Gingerbread . Everything went fine without problems as I downloaded the ...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Atrix Gingerbread Upgrade Causes AT&T Mobile Hotspot Failure

Yesterday, I followed a news article to the Motorola Motoblur 4.5.91.MB860.ATT.en.US upgrade which contains Gingerbread. Everything went fine without problems as I downloaded the .zip file to my laptop then connected it via USB to my Atrix and downloaded it to the external SD card root directory. The Atrix automatically found the update and applied it. I was happy until I test my AT&T Mobile Hotspot. This feature has worked great for several months, but now it says "Account not set up for for Mobile Hotspot". I worked with AT&T tech support (very nice folks) who in turn got me in a conference call with Motorola tech support. AT&T tried to turn on the Mobile Hotspot manually but it still would not work under the Atrix Gingerbread upgrade. No one could figure out why I was getting the error message. Motorola finally wanted me to "reset the phone" meaning I would lose all apps and data and would then have to rely on restoring each app individually from the Marketplace (that is a lot of fun). I am reluctant to do that although I do take SpriteBackups weekly. I just can't afford to lose some of my business data and screen settings by some fluke. Has anyone else upgraded your Atrix to Gingerbread and experienced problems with Mobile Hotspot? I am going to take my time before I reset the phone and start all over again. This is why you should never try to be one of the first to upgrade your phone. Let others try it first and watch for problem solutions. I asked to speak to a Motorola supervisor but no alternative solution could be found and no open problem ticket was offered. Having said all of the above I still think the Atrix is the best phone on the market and given time I am sure this problem will be resolved.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    No problems so far that I can see using the hotspot; other than that the Hot Spot is still a pretty good drain on the battery. Other than that battery life also seems to be improved.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    After a final SpriteBackup I performed a "Factory Data Reset" found under "Settings" then "Privacy". Within 30 minutes I was back up with basic Google functions. Of course I had to go to the MarketPlace and reinstall about 40 applications, the first being SpriteBackup. Then I did the data restore. I immediately tried the Mobile Hotspot which worked OK. Then I started reinstalling the other applications. Most worked well the exception being DoggCatcher feeder application and my FlashCards ToGo application. Both lost all their data. Both had their data on the internal storage card because they could not be moved to the external storage card. I thought SpriteBackup settings would capture all of that data, but apparently not. Oh well, that part of the game right now. Glad to hear you had no problems with your upgrade.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Here is how I did it on My Atrix (I am in Ireland on O2):

Rooted phone - see post 2 in [HOWTO] Root any Atrix after .sbf flash - xda-developers

2. SQlite editor from market

*Steps*

1. open SQlite editor and scroll to Settings Storage (com.motorola.android.provider.settings
    2. click settings.db
    3. click settings
    4. go to Line 805 labled Entitlement Check with a value of 1 *EDIT* People are reporting different line numbers based off build etc, JUST Find "entitlement check"
    5. Change value from 1 to "disabled" (without quotes)
    6. reboot
    7. enjoy

Worked for me on OTA gingerbread.

One last thing, if superuser.apk will not load via ABD (I kept getting isufficient storage space) just use a file manager to find the file on the phone and install it directly. SQLite will not run without superuser installed.

W.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Freeking awesome..worked like a charm in one go..!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wmccan View Post
    Here is how I did it on My Atrix (I am in Ireland on O2):

Rooted phone - see post 2 in [HOWTO] Root any Atrix after .sbf flash - xda-developers

2. SQlite editor from market

*Steps*

1. open SQlite editor and scroll to Settings Storage (com.motorola.android.provider.settings
    2. click settings.db
    3. click settings
    4. go to Line 805 labled Entitlement Check with a value of 1 *EDIT* People are reporting different line numbers based off build etc, JUST Find "entitlement check"
    5. Change value from 1 to "disabled" (without quotes)
    6. reboot
    7. enjoy

Worked for me on OTA gingerbread.

One last thing, if superuser.apk will not load via ABD (I kept getting isufficient storage space) just use a file manager to find the file on the phone and install it directly. SQLite will not run without superuser installed.

W.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Since my original post I upgraded to an Atrix 2 (excellent decision by the way). I used the SQL edit procedure above and had to search for "Entitlement" and found the entry at line 141. I then completed the edit as describe and it worked great! Thanks for the time saver.

Member #
    Twitter
    jcanot
    Liked
    0 times
    Just did the original post by wmccan it worked lika a charm!!!...I can finally tether with my Toshiba Thrive!!

Thanks a lot wmccan!!

Remove Ads

Ads