Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

GB ups and downs...

This is a discussion on GB ups and downs... within the Motorola Atrix General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; Well HELLO AGAIN everyone.... I have been absent, reading from time to time, but very busy at the moment... I wanted to write many things ...

Member #
    Liked
    27 times

Post GB ups and downs...

Well HELLO AGAIN everyone.... I have been absent, reading from time to time, but very busy at the moment...

I wanted to write many things around here with different topics but I dont really want to start a new thread for each topic.... so I ask moderators to forgive this post....

GOOD- First I start off saying the update was a major upside for this already awesome phone...

I found out a cool feature that replaced another I missed on 2.2, which was the homescreen skip (arrows at the bottom).... But I discovered recently that if you swipe upward starting from your dock, you will bring the 7 home screens for quick launch, from any of the other screens (not just clicking home at home screen...) GREAT FEATURE MOTO (Call me crazy but I like this version of blur)

BAD- One minor annoyance is that I am not able to recalibrate my compass with the setting option... it will not turn any colors to show calibration as it used to....

GOOD- Another group of cool features (that many of you probably know already), are the new picture modes... such as Panorama and Multi-Shot found in the camera app under Picture Modes

This modes will allow a Vertical or Horizontally panoramic picture composed of 6 shots, and also a 6 burst shot for fast moving objects.

BAD- The music player has improve in such way that I ditched TuneWiki/MixZing and rarely use Cubed(3) (just to show off)... BUT the thing is that my Atrix almost all the time Force Close with trying to delete a song from the player itself.... and there is no way to manually rebuild the music library if you delete items from file manager...

I find this very frustrating cause this will make both my music and gallery apps to crash.... also very annoying when you have a 32GB SD Card.

Well.. to leave it at that, Im just going to say I love the many other new features already mentioned in this forum... and overall I am very happy with 2.3.4 (specially with Google Talk)... So if you have any comments regarding similar issues or hidden goodies in this update please dont hesitate to reply...

Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BUC View Post
    Well HELLO AGAIN everyone.... I have been absent, reading from time to time, but very busy at the moment...

I wanted to write many things around here with different topics but I dont really want to start a new thread for each topic.... so I ask moderators to forgive this post....
    i didn't know we could do that... now i have to begin all my posts that way

i don't know why, but i feel bad seeing a post with no replies...

i can't compare atrix on froyo to atrix on gb because by the time i finally got around to getting an atrix, the gb update was out and i pretty much jumped on it right away... and then i put launcherpro on it so i could make the dockbar look like the old motoblur dockbar (don't ask)... but i'm glad to hear you're enjoying your phone despite a few annoyances - have you checked out winamp? i really like its UI and haven't experienced any FC's with it
    *the views and opinions expressed in this post do not reflect the views or opinions of atrixforums or its owner(s), moderators, or administrators and is intended purely for satirical purposes only*

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    I know we have had threads like this before ... I've been very pleased with the Gbread update, however, the only annoyance I have with the new interface (kind of) is the minus symbol to dismiss notifications and close browser windows.

You have to be absolutely precise on the symbol or it will take you to that window or notification (no, not fat fingers ). Since that entire square is there solely for the dismiss icon, why can't (or couldn't) they have made it the entire square space instead of just that itty-bitty icon?

Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
    I know we have had threads like this before ... I've been very pleased with the Gbread update, however, the only annoyance I have with the new interface (kind of) is the minus symbol to dismiss notifications and close browser windows.

You have to be absolutely precise on the symbol or it will take you to that window or notification (no, not fat fingers ). Since that entire square is there solely for the dismiss icon, why can't (or couldn't) they have made it the entire square space instead of just that itty-bitty icon?
    are you still using the stock browser? i couldn't stand that thing... i'm so glad a bunch of others here talked me into going with dolphin (and i use firefox for my football team's message board, it's the only browser that preserves the frames properly while displaying the correct posts)
    *the views and opinions expressed in this post do not reflect the views or opinions of atrixforums or its owner(s), moderators, or administrators and is intended purely for satirical purposes only*

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Yeah ... I've been reading up on various alternatives to stock apps ... I saw Dolphin HD as an alternative (how is the Mini version different?) And I keep seeing an equal number of pros and cons ... I suppose you would say for me to just d/l it, try it, and see how it works haha

Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    i have no idea what the difference is with the mini version... and yeah, i think you should totally download dolphin (and opera) for a test drive

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BUC View Post
    and there is no way to manually rebuild the music library if you delete items from file manager...

I find this very frustrating cause this will make both my music and gallery apps to crash.... also very annoying when you have a 32GB SD Card.
    Generally the library should automatically rebuild, but you CAN force a manual rebuild by clearing data from the music player under Manage Apps. I've not tried it on this version on the player, but since it has podcasts and streaming radio, I suspect you'll also lose bookmarks and favorites as well. Also, if you have a lot of music, it may take a while to rebuild.

Sent from my GTablet using Tapatalk
    Hiram

Remove Ads

Ads