Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Battery % changes after restart

This is a discussion on Battery % changes after restart within the Motorola Atrix General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; Hi, I bought my ATRIX 2 weeks ago and I realised if I have e.g. 40% battery, turn off the phone then turn on it'll ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Battery % changes after restart

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question Battery % changes after restart

Hi,

I bought my ATRIX 2 weeks ago and I realised if I have e.g. 40% battery, turn off the phone then turn on it'll show 80%, if I turn off again and turn on it'll be on 100%...This doesn't happen all the time, but usally.
    The problem with this is that if I have battery at 30% and start to charge it, when it'll show full it'll be about 70% only and I can't do anything with that(e.g. I had my phone on 100%, when it was at 30% I rebooted for some reasons, it showed 70 or 80%, when battery reached 40% I arrived home and started to charge it, it charged to 100% and I start to use the phone again and it drops very quickly...)
    So if I never turn off the phone this bug will not occur, but otherwise this happens and it's really annoying that I can't charge my phone to 100%(the phone shows 100% but it's about 70%).
    Anyone experienced this bug?
    Stock 2.3.4, rooted and unlocked.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    This is a Gingerbread ATRIX error. There is a fix for an unlocked bootloader with CWM recovery (not sure if you are unlock sim or unlock bootloader) over at XDA that fixes some of these issues. If your bootloader isn't unlocked I can dig through the files and write up a tutorial for the fix using root explorer as I remember it just being a modification of a few files. Here is the link I'm talking about:
    Battery Fix 2.3.x - xda-developers
    nalomo likes this.
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    @nakdea
    Liked
    763 times
    The majority of us have experienced this bug and there is a fix that kooliest posted. You do have to be unlocked in order to take advantage of it though.

^ nexus 5 .
    galaxy s 3 . optimus g . nexus 4 . atrix

fin.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    If your bootloader isn't unlocked I can dig through the files and write up a tutorial for the fix using root explorer as I remember it just being a modification of a few files
    yes I would be interested in the files needing to be mod. with root explorer, my boot is still locked......thanks dill

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    @nakdea
    Liked
    763 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dillfever View Post
    If your bootloader isn't unlocked I can dig through the files and write up a tutorial for the fix using root explorer as I remember it just being a modification of a few files
    yes I would be interested in the files needing to be mod. with root explorer, my boot is still locked......thanks dill
    Hmm.

I'm not aware of a method of applying a fix through root explorer. If there is one, that would still require the OP to root the device.

^ nexus 5 .
    galaxy s 3 . optimus g . nexus 4 . atrix

fin.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    Woudn't a couple of cycles of completly draining the battery and fully charging it correct the issue without the need to root? I did this several ocasions and I have not got this issue since.

Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Liked
    275 times
    I just don't turn my phone off and let it restart itself after 10 days of being on.........or at least it seems to do that for me every 10 days lol

Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Check post 54 for quick and easy instructions, thanks to Kooliest. Very easy and worked for me. You do NOT need to be unlocked, but root is required.

For those of you with battery jumping issues on 2.3.4 -XDA-

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    I knew I made a root tut for this once! Thanks for finding it so I don't need to do it again

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scarth View Post
    Check post 54 for quick and easy instructions, thanks to Kooliest. Very easy and worked for me. You do NOT need to be unlocked, but root is required.

For those of you with battery jumping issues on 2.3.4 -XDA-
    I am rooted and my permissions are the same.....those 3 files that are to be extracted the link is dead.... not sure if they are needed or not??

Ads