Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Motorola Atrix vs. iPhone 5 ?

This is a discussion on Motorola Atrix vs. iPhone 5 ? within the Motorola Atrix General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; I was really excited about my atrix I did the pre-order and everything , now ihave it and can only complain about worrying about my ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Motorola Atrix vs. iPhone 5 ?

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Motorola Atrix vs. iPhone 5 ?

I was really excited about my atrix I did the pre-order and everything , now ihave it and can only complain about worrying about my battery life . but maybe its because ihad read about one thousand reviews online about android battery life . And its camera in low light is just not acceptable
    But now the real real reason for this thread is , how will this phone stack up against the " iPhone 5 " when it releases ? I feel like the atrix is going to be blown out of proportion . I am not an apple fanboy and i actually do like both os . The only problem with android is the whole free app situation . But please comment and tell me what you thing about how they will stack up against each other .
    Ska_Jedi_916 likes this.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    547 times
    If anything is going to be "blown out of proportion", it'll be the iPhone 5. It's still going to be saddled with the increasingly restrictive iOs, and to me, that's it's biggest downfall. And it won't improve on the Retina display; which is it's only real edge in the marketplace. But the hype machine that is Apple will most certainly portray it as the second coming of technology, and the savior of the masses, and the sheeple will buy.

Ultimately, assuming the 5 gets a dual core processor, the Atrix still got there first.
    Abstract, Im A Monsta and das8nt like this.

Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    IMO the open apps is a big advantage that Android has over the iOS. It allows more people to create more functions which progresses the Android OS. ie., Firefox vs Internet Explorer. I believe it's what pushed Android passed Apple in sales and is now 2nd to only the Blackberrys (and still gaining ground).

As far as not buying something because a better product is coming out soon then you'll just never buy anything. There will always be something better coming out later

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The iPhone5 will not blow this phone out of the water. I am willing to bet it's camera will though, so if the camera is a critical feature on your phone, then waiting should be considered. I'd suspect that the camera on the iPhone5 will be the best until the iPhone6 comes out. It will be roughly an equal in processing, with slightly better battery life and screen (though probably a smaller screen than the Atrix). I figure we will have to wait 9 months to see a phone blow this one out of the water.

Android's OS is as good as you are willing to put the work into it. You can customize it to your liking, but if you are lazy and won't replace motoblur with something better, set up widgets/apps as you wish, replace your keyboard, upgrade the text messaging system, etc. then it isn't going to be better than iOS.

Member #
    I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available. If you try it once, you will die.
    Liked
    68 times
    I don't believe that there are any confirmed reports of what the "iPhone 5" will be as far as hardware goes.
    iPhone -> iPhone 3 -> iPhone 3GS -> iPhone 4 -> Atrix.

Anyone looking for a like new Panasonic ToughBook laptop?

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    547 times
    There are not, but a few assumptions can be made. We know it'll have the Retina display again, and, given the iPad 2, we can be pretty sure it'll have a dual core. Beyond that, who knows?

Member #
    I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available. If you try it once, you will die.
    Liked
    68 times
    I would be suprised if the dual core comes out this year. I think there would have been some more buzz about it if so. I'm probably wrong, but this time last year, we knew a lot about the iPhone 4.
    iPhone -> iPhone 3 -> iPhone 3GS -> iPhone 4 -> Atrix.

Anyone looking for a like new Panasonic ToughBook laptop?

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    The A5 CPU was announced yesterday for the iPad 2. Its got some good specs with the 9X more powerful graphics, dual core. Not mentioned if it will be in the phone.

iPhone 5 will be out in 4-6 months and by that time the dual core will be old news. The next phones after that will be quad cores. Apple releasing the phones too late and behind now.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JayRolla View Post
    iPhone 5 will be out in 4-6 months and by that time the dual core will be old news. The next phones after that will be quad cores. Apple releasing the phones too late and behind now.
    Quad Cores is the next big thing the predict they will be out December 2011. Good thing I get to upgrade in a year from now...
    "The best analogy I can tell you is; The Atrix is like a race car, it will take you a few days to customize it, but once you do, it's like nothing you've ever driven before." -FlexRated

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    There are not, but a few assumptions can be made. We know it'll have the Retina display again, and, given the iPad 2, we can be pretty sure it'll have a dual core. Beyond that, who knows?

I thought some one mentioned that LG won't be making the iPhone screen any more. How would they recreate the screen, if their maker has dumped them?

"Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Ads