Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Charging problems

This is a discussion on Charging problems within the Motorola Atrix General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; I charged my phone to 100% yesterday morning. However battery drained to 15% by night time and i turned the phone off. When i tried ...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Charging problems

I charged my phone to 100% yesterday morning. However battery drained to 15% by night time and i turned the phone off. When i tried to charge my phone by the next morning, i was not able to not charge the phone and it was rebooting automatically. I removed the battery for 10 mins and tried charging again. It showed the charging symbol, but it was still stuck at 0%. After 20 minutes, the battery icon showed a question mark. I tried to charge the device through my laptop, but windows failed to recognize the device and it kept on rebooting automatically. I tried to reset the phone to factory settings, but it was of no avail. Even rebooting the phone did not help.

I bought the phone from At&t, when i was in the US. I only did OTA updates to 2.3.4. I did not even try to root the phone. Could someone help me with the problem?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Hi there Slightee - welcome to Atrix Forums. We're delighted that you chose to join our forum. I'm sorry that you're having problems with your phone, but you've come to the right place for help. We have an excellent Rescue squad as well as some very knowledgeable (and very nice) members who will be only too happy to assist you with your problem. So hang in there and one of them will be along shortly to help.

Welcome aboard!

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    When your phone is powered off and you put it on the charger, it shows the charge symbol. To get it to boot while charging, hold down the button longer and it will boot. During charging while powered off, the charge symbol is in 10% increments but is highly unreliable and only changes when you press the button. I've seen the question mark during this period but don't recall what or why but do know that it's not a big issue. Charging via USB is the S L O W E S T way to charge, particularly from an underpowered source on a laptop. If possible, use a wall charger. Whenever you deplete a battery fully, it will not power up normally until it has a decent charge established. 20 minutes is insufficient.

My advice is to turn the phone off, plug it into the wall charger, and charge it overnight (or at least 4 hours), then power up.
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Remove Ads

Ads