Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

facebook notification sound. no sound what gives?

This is a discussion on facebook notification sound. no sound what gives? within the Motorola Atrix General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; ok, had my atrix 4g (gingerbread) for 4 days now, love the phone, love the switch from blackberry to android... dloaded go launcher, and a ...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

facebook notification sound. no sound what gives?

ok, had my atrix 4g (gingerbread) for 4 days now, love the phone, love the switch from blackberry to android... dloaded go launcher, and a few themes........etc..

my problem is with facebook notifications........
    yes i googled....

i currently have facebook in the motoblur accts.. and i have the app from the market. it seems i need the native "social networking" blur acct to be able to edit sound settings for social applications. and it syncs nice with my contacts etc.........

apparently android and facebook push notifications dont play well together, so after some googling, i did the log into facebook on a blackberry and turn notifications on. i seem to get notifications now, and the little sign shows up in the notification bar about facebook comments etc. but there is NO SOUND or vibrate played when i get a notification. and i have it set to both play an sound and vibrate on notifications......

anyone else hear of this kind of problem?

thanks.........

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    You'll find that you'll likely have better luck by deleting the Moto account for Facebook and downloading the Facebook for Android app from the market. This setup seems to work better for most people.
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i have both installed.... i use the market app for general use... and i leave the blur one in because it syncs contacts from facebook which is nice, but more importantly without it, when u go to msgs/settings. the social networking settings are greyed out, you can not edit the sound unless something is installed. i.e. facebook...

i am getting notifications.... just no sound or vibrate for the notification when i have sound and vibrate selected.........

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    ok ... i don't use the Moto social networking stuff, so maybe someone else might know.
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    I downloaded and installed the Facebook app from the market and went into the settings area under "Menu". Once there, I found a tab to check for notifications, for sound (you get to choose what noise it makes when you have a message) and several other unrelated choices. I checked the Notifications and the sound then went to the regular Settings area from the app drawer, chose Sound, Volume and not being sure if Facebook used Notification or Media, I moved both of those to a middle position, volume wise. I the middle of this, I actually *got* a Facebook message/notification - and it was loud as hell!

HTH,

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    I downloaded and installed the Facebook app from the market and went into the settings area under "Menu". Once there, I found a tab to check for notifications, for sound (you get to choose what noise it makes when you have a message) and several other unrelated choices. I checked the Notifications and the sound then went to the regular Settings area from the app drawer, chose Sound, Volume and not being sure if Facebook used Notification or Media, I moved both of those to a middle position, volume wise. I the middle of this, I actually *got* a Facebook message/notification - and it was loud as hell!

HTH,

-Mike

yep did all that........ still no sound.......... i guess ill survive.. or hope for a facebook app update to fix......would be nice to know why it wont play a sound since the settings are in place for it to do so.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    Check the notification tone you have set for the app. If you have it on facebook pop you will hear no sound select another one.

Sent from Rob's TapadaIconia
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    not using facebook pop sound..... doesnt matter what sound i put it on.. i think its a facebook thing.. not so much phone thing........

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    alrighty figured it out......... im leaving both installed per my liking of the contacts syncing. apparently theres 3 places to edit facebook notifications....... if you choose the msgs iucon (the one that takes you to all your email accts) and choose settings, you can set social media sounds... that didnt work for the market app. So you can go to general settings/sound/notifications and that doesnt work for the market app. found it by accident, but if you open the facebook market app, and then hit menu, theres another set of notification settings. and from there i was able to choose refresh every 30min, and choose a sound. so now i am getting sound notifications. hope this helps someone else in the near future.. a bit confusing, 3 places to edit sounds for notifications.

thanks for the input guys.. love my atrix 4g...!!

Remove Ads

Ads