Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Do you have a LapDock... Do you like it...

This is a discussion on Do you have a LapDock... Do you like it... within the Motorola Atrix General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; I have the LapDock and really like it. I was just wondering how many do/do not have it and do you like it/is it useful. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Do you have a LapDock... Do you like it...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Question Do you have a LapDock... Do you like it...

I have the LapDock and really like it. I was just wondering how many do/do not have it and do you like it/is it useful.
    Remember...Enquiring minds want to know....

Bob

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    hi Bobb050 i havnt got one but want one badly it's just to exspensive i think it's a great idea and would use it all the time at the mo im using my advent vager for the internet but the lapdock with the better screen would be much better so hoping they come down in price soon how are you using yours

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    actually making this post with it ...

so let me start by saying i do like it even though sometimes it is a little laggy ... but with that said i'm probably going to take mine back to at&t because i just got it so it's within the 14 days ... i just don't like carrying around another bag with me ... like i use it for school but with my book bag packed and then having another bag i just don't like carrying more stuff then i have too...

others wise it's a pretty good product

Member #
    Liked
    420 times
    I was fortunate enough to get mine when AT&T was blowing them out the door a month ago (others weren't so fortunate ). I like it, it looks slick, nice and light, can't use it because I'm using RedPill-CM7 and CM7 doesn't have webtop support. I couldn't resist the opportunity, though, so now I have every Atrix 4G accessory that Motorola makes. And I'm sure some enterprising developer will get some form of webtop (even if it's just a generic Linux setup) working on CM7 (or CM9) eventually, so I'm not worried. And if I need to, I can always load up a Blur-based ROM to use it (probably the Blur-based RedPill ), then go back to RedPill-CM7.
    Martin's Android devices:
    - Samsung Galaxy S3 with Quantum (CM 10.2 by PwnCakes193)
    - Asus Transformer TF101 with No-Name (CM 10.2 by josteink)
    - Motorola Atrix 4G with CM 7.2

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    I like it. I like the entertainment center better, so if I had to choose between the two I would go with the latter. However it depends what you want to use it for. The only drawback is having to take the case off which is no big deal. Adrian

Member #
    Liked
    420 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Condor97 View Post
    I like it. I like the entertainment center better, so if I had to choose between the two I would go with the latter. However it depends what you want to use it for. The only drawback is having to take the case off which is no big deal.
    Depends on what kind of case you have. I use a TPU case on mine, and it fits on the lapdock just fine (I think I had to remove the plate from around the connector, I don't remember now, but that was no big deal). People using something like an Otterbox, well, that's a different story.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MJPollard View Post
    Depends on what kind of case you have. I use a TPU case on mine, and it fits on the lapdock just fine (I think I had to remove the plate from around the connector, I don't remember now, but that was no big deal). People using something like an Otterbox, well, that's a different story.
    Yep I have the otterbox, though it's saved my phone more than once. I'll have to check out the TPU case.

Member #
    Twitter
    luradke
    Liked
    117 times
    I was one og the lucky winners from the Christmas giveaway here. I have to say that I LOVE the lapdock! I use it strictly for assignments for a professional accounting program I am in. It is nice to be able to work on my documents and presentations wherever I am! It doesn't have the full funtionality of a computer but I have to say it is very convenient. That being said, not everybody will be using it for school, etc, like I am. So depending on your reason for one, it may be a good buy. (I should note that I would have never bought one because Bell is still selling them for a few hundred)
    ~Luke

Nottachtrix 2.0 with UbunTopLX

Member #
    Liked
    420 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Condor97 View Post
    Yep I have the otterbox, though it's saved my phone more than once. I'll have to check out the TPU case.
    Amazon.com: Diztronic High Gloss Black Flexible TPU Case for Motorola Atrix 4G (AT&T) [Diztronic Retail Packaging]: Cell Phones & Accessories

They also have a Smoke DiamondFlex version that looks pretty slick (I have this one as well as the black one, the latter of which I keep as a backup). It's not a rugged case like the Otterbox, but it does offer moderate protection; it's saved my Atrix from minor drops more than once. It also adds a little bulk to the phone, not a lot but enough to keep the phone from feeling like it's going to slip out of your hand at any moment. The nicest part, like I said, is that you can keep it on while using the phone in the standard, HD, and laptop docks (but not the car dock, unfortunately; at least, I haven't found a way to do it yet).

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i have the lapdock in fact that was the main driver for me moving to this phone ... and to smartphone technology as a whole ... the lapdock makes the atrix totally come alive ... yeah i wish there were a few more apps that ran full screen like a word processor and the trackpad is appalling so the work/play kit mouse is a must-have ... if only they had thrown on one of the ibm-style trackpoints in the centre of the keyboard ... ah well

i cant believe the lapdock format hasnt been covered by the other manufacturers it is so obviously the next stage in convergence /// tablets for me are a no-go as i am keyboard based for everything i do

considering my thinkpad was on 24/7 until i got my atrix/lapdock i now use it a couple times a week for various software packages etc but i am starting to identify apps that can cover off these requirements ... eg camscanner ... i can easily forsee myself being atrix-only ( or similar device ) in the near future

if you get the chance grab one ... mine came with the phone on a very low monthly deal with orange uk 3 months ago ... i had to stare them out to get the right deal but it eventually happened ...
    ____
    hdm

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads