Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Atrix "4G" General Rant on Stock 2.3.4 (Motorola's Fault)

This is a discussion on Atrix "4G" General Rant on Stock 2.3.4 (Motorola's Fault) within the Motorola Atrix General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; UPDATE. The point 5.4 Compas Calibrator works and I think the problem was me with ADD when I used it. If I proceed to calibrate ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Atrix "4G" General Rant on Stock 2.3.4 (Motorola's Fault)

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    UPDATE.

The point 5.4 Compas Calibrator works and I think the problem was me with ADD when I used it.

If I proceed to calibrate and do all the movements, THEN I place the phone still it will turn green after a few seconds, I never let it rest before... just exited after moving it around.

Thanks jetmech.
    brieezie likes this.
    Motorola Atrix 4G
    Android

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    UPDATE.

Points 1.4 and 4.1 seems to be resolve by the new 2.3.6 software upgrade... For some people this brought newer issues but I haven't been able to detect them...

If you have a different issue that you believe to be widespread please chime in and I will edit Original Post
    Motorola Atrix 4G
    Android

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    1.5 This could be related to Bluetooth but it happens when I am playing music. Some times, not very often, the music will mute itself when playing over a Bluetooth device such as my Headphones or Sony Xplode car stereo. I then have to switch BT off and on again to get it working properly

OMG, this pisses me off so much! Though, my behavior is a bit different. I typically use the phone to listen to Slacker over BT in my car. Just about every day (used to be less often, but haven't formally tracked it) the music will stop and when I look at the player, it is looping back continuously. Sometimes it will loop back over 1-2 seconds, other times it will be 5-7sec. To explain, the player's track timer will increment, but then it will loop back some amount of time and resume to the same point in time and loop back, no music is heard while this is happening. It will continue to do this until addressed. I am using a Sony Digital Media Player in the car and I originally thought that was the cause as it looses the ability to turn off BT while this is happening. I thought the Sony was locked up in some manner, though it didn't explain the loooping of the player on the phone. The method I finally derived to eliminate the looping was to pause the player, go to BT settings on the phone and cycle off/on. Then, when I return to the player, I can un-pause at it will resume normally. Unfortunately, I have to cycle the BT off/on on the Sony deck, as well. I then thought it was the Slacker S/W that was the source... Then I had it happen with Poweramp, once...started to use it more often to track it. Sure enough, Poweramp has done it several times now, as well (though the behavior is a bit different, it doesn't loop, looks like it is pausing but not updating the 'play' icon to 'pause'). It doesn't appear to have a consistent pattern like failing after a specified amount of time, after a 'jolt', time of day, etc. I am stumped as to what is the trigger. Anyway, just having to deal with it as it is....

Anyone else having strange media player behavior that is similar? At least it looks like I am not alone. I was considering a factory reset, but hoped the latest update would fix it somehow...no luck. Not convinced a reset will address it, so may not go that path and save the headache.

Christian

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chin View Post
    1.5 This could be related to Bluetooth but it happens when I am playing music. Some times, not very often, the music will mute itself when playing over a Bluetooth device such as my Headphones or Sony Xplode car stereo. I then have to switch BT off and on again to get it working properly

OMG, this pisses me off so much! Though, my behavior is a bit different. I typically use the phone to listen to Slacker over BT in my car. Just about every day (used to be less often, but haven't formally tracked it) the music will stop and when I look at the player, it is looping back continuously. Sometimes it will loop back over 1-2 seconds, other times it will be 5-7sec. To explain, the player's track timer will increment, but then it will loop back some amount of time and resume to the same point in time and loop back, no music is heard while this is happening. It will continue to do this until addressed. I am using a Sony Digital Media Player in the car and I originally thought that was the cause as it looses the ability to turn off BT while this is happening. I thought the Sony was locked up in some manner, though it didn't explain the loooping of the player on the phone. The method I finally derived to eliminate the looping was to pause the player, go to BT settings on the phone and cycle off/on. Then, when I return to the player, I can un-pause at it will resume normally. Unfortunately, I have to cycle the BT off/on on the Sony deck, as well. I then thought it was the Slacker S/W that was the source... Then I had it happen with Poweramp, once...started to use it more often to track it. Sure enough, Poweramp has done it several times now, as well (though the behavior is a bit different, it doesn't loop, looks like it is pausing but not updating the 'play' icon to 'pause'). It doesn't appear to have a consistent pattern like failing after a specified amount of time, after a 'jolt', time of day, etc. I am stumped as to what is the trigger. Anyway, just having to deal with it as it is....

Anyone else having strange media player behavior that is similar? At least it looks like I am not alone. I was considering a factory reset, but hoped the latest update would fix it somehow...no luck. Not convinced a reset will address it, so may not go that path and save the headache.

Christian

Hello Christian, I hear ya, neither the 2.3.6 update, nor a factory reset will fix this issue...

It probably has something to do with the compatibility with the BT device connected to our phone, but is BS....

It has happened to me on my Sony Xplode stereo (uncommonly), on my Altec Lansing InMotion Portable Speakers (somewhat common), and very rarely on my Altec Lansing Backbeat 906 headphones, though I broke the last item so I havent check lately

Anyway I posted this on Motorola Forums yesterday and it has received good feedbacks, hopefully some guy at Moto can see it and do something about it, or at least about most of this issues...
    Last edited by BUC; 02-23-2012 at 05:47 PM.
    Motorola Atrix 4G
    Android

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have been intending to check on other BT devices, but have had access to one (Moto S-10) and it locked up once in the short time I used them... Hopefully, it can be corrected.

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Last failure was the Digitizer as many have experienced...

After losing touch sensibility in the middle of the screen I bought the Samsung GS3 and I am quite happy... I miss the fingerprint scanner, and some features here and there... but overall Samsung did a world of difference in polishing its software.

I actually wanted the PadFone but I think I will wait for the rumored PadFone 2 to see if its a worthy replacement for the GS3...
    Motorola Atrix 4G
    Android

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Atrix "4G" General Rant on Stock 2.3.4 (Motorola's Fault)

Wifi goes in and out I hate that it's annoying as hell

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    brieezie likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BUC View Post
    I don't get it?

Should I change the title our something?

Excuse if my english is not the best...

You did great! Especially if English is your second language! I couldn't even tell

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads