Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

OTA 4.5.141 Available

This is a discussion on OTA 4.5.141 Available within the Motorola Atrix General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; Are you still stock? Sent From Rob's ATRIX....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: OTA 4.5.141 Available

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    Are you still stock?

Sent From Rob's ATRIX.

Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I'm still stock -- the only changes I've made was to root, uninstall a few Blur apps (kicking myself now), and Swype so I could install the latest beta.

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RobKort View Post
    You can just update and then get root access afterwards. The procedures still works.

Edit/ Just make sure you haven't modified anything in systems.

Sent From Rob's ATRIX.
    Rob, just wanting to verify that you tested this yourself? I just want to make sure because I'm on 141 and rooted. I'm debating doing a backup, wipe, restore, but if I lose root and can't get it back, I won't be able to restore. I used the method at Pete's Motorola Root Tools (which I found linked to here) to root after the 91 OTA.
    Hiram

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbutler View Post
    I'm still stock -- the only changes I've made was to root, uninstall a few Blur apps (kicking myself now), and Swype so I could install the latest beta.
    If you froze them, you can thaw them out. If you uninstalled, you'll either need to reinstall or flash back to stock in order to take the OTA.
    Hiram

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
    If you froze them, you can thaw them out. If you uninstalled, you'll either need to reinstall or flash back to stock in order to take the OTA.
    Since TB refuses to reinstall those apps it looks like a flash might be my only option. Is there a handy FAQ nearby on how to pull it off? I'm relatively new to hacking up Androids ... it's days like today I actually miss how easy it was to hack up a Blackberry!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just updated without thinking, forgot this phone was unlocked and rooted. Barely took advantage of the root and unlock so I had forgot. Now every time I restart it fails update half way through, and I'm left with the screen displaying www.goapk.com. Any suggestions? I don't really mind losing data but I forgot how restore the phone.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    487 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbutler View Post
    I'm one of the idiots that actually removed a few Blur bloat apps instead of freezing -- I got antsy and didn't do enough research at the time. Titanium Backup also won't restore those apps, it just sits at the busybox forever until I reboot the phone.

So naturally, the update fails. What are my options here? I want to make sure I get this update applied so I'm ready for ICS in Q3!!!

Thanks in advance,
    Jon
    I did the same thing by uninstalling bloatware. Before the update I played it safe and went in the market and reinstalled before updating. Then I uninstalled them after the update.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    If your bootloader is unlocked RSD lite it's the way to go by flashing the sbf for your phone and carrier. If it's not unlocked, try a factory reset.

Sent From Rob's ATRIX.
    Last edited by RobKort; 02-15-2012 at 03:52 PM.

Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RobKort View Post
    If your bootloader is unlocked RSD lite it's the way to go by flashing the sbf for your phone and carrier. If it's not, try a factory reset.
    I never did unlock the bootloader ... I guess I'll give a factory reset a shot since that's the path of least resistance at this point. Argh.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Rob, What method did you use to root? I was rooted with "Pete"s One-Click" method. It doesn't seem to work after the update!

Thanks, Bill

Ads