Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Must read for all AT&T Atrix owners

This is a discussion on Must read for all AT&T Atrix owners within the Motorola Atrix General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; I purchased my Atrix 2 weeks ago upgrading from an iPhone 3GS at radio shack. I was told about the upgrade fee and that I ...

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Must read for all AT&T Atrix owners

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Must read for all AT&T Atrix owners

I purchased my Atrix 2 weeks ago upgrading from an iPhone 3GS at radio shack. I was told about the upgrade fee and that I am grandfathered in to the 3G / 4G data plan. Cool, I'm all for that. After a few hours I fell in love with the phone but it seemed like the iPhone 3GS was better for creating an acess point. I have spent many hours complaining to AT&T like all other Atrix owners. After reading about AT&T acknowledging that the network wasn't ready for the Atrix, I went and got on my buddies IPad 2. The IPad 2 was pulling better download and upload speeds than the Atrix. This led me to my phone call with AT&T this morning. I called the basic 611 number and went to the billing department. When they picked up and asked what my issue was I kindly stated that I refuse to pay my cell phone bill if they are not going to provide what they advertise and what I pay for. The lady kindly told me that I am under contract to pay my bill. I told her yes mam I know this but yesterday AT&T acknowledged that there are still network issues on AT&Ts behalf with the Atrix and I gave her two different sites with the quotes. Then I said if I can not have my bill reduced then I am going to have to file a complaint with the BBB and that I still wouldn't pay my bill and switch to the Verizon IPhone (would never do). From here the woman asked me to hold. Came back and said that she saw that I have called multiple times and that she could wipe my upgrade fees, gave me a free month of my data package for me and my wife, and also gave us a free month of text, MM messages. I managed to drop my bill by nearly 100 bucks by just calling, being polite and giving correct facts and not giving in when they say it is being worked on. Every Atrix owner needs to do the same thing. Hopefully causing AT&T to lose out on money from every Atrix owner will help them get their ass in gear.
    flipside129 and AndroiderX like this.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Great! good job...

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Good work.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Its funny I just got off the phone with att and none of them seem to know what I'm talking about. I told them about my girlfriends 3gs which is almost two years old smoking my phone both in downloading and uploading. Nothing yet I'll be calling them back I in an hour and I'll post what they say. Wish me luck

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    AT&T says it's testing HSUPA on Atrix 4G, will turn it on eventually -- Engadget
    Use this article to refer to when speaking to the AT&T rep. It states that a Customer Appeals Manager acknowledged a Better Business Bureau complaint about the issue that HSUPA is not working yet on your phone. There is no reason to pay your full data plan if they advertise the Atrix capabilities but yet can't provide those services. Don't give in on the phone call. Ask to talk to the supervisor and have them explain to you why HSUPA is working on the iphone 4 and on the IPad 2 but not the Atrix. There is no reason to just give in to AT&T.
    thekooliest likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

At&t should learn from their mistakes

After all the problems with the iPhone overloading their network, you would think that At&t would try to do things better. They need people picking up Android phones on their network now. This is not a good start.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I don't own the Atrix yet, but... you are my hero!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrixoomz View Post
    After all the problems with the iPhone overloading their network, you would think that At&t would try to do things better. They need people picking up Android phones on their network now. This is not a good start.
    Yes they do. Their whole share is iPhone..now Verizon's got it. Get better customer service and treat everyone the same..and good*

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    yep, will definitely call AT&T - they like to rip off their most loyal customers
    thanks for great advice guys.
    just read this:
    AT&T confirms suspicions: ATRIX 4G data speeds are slow

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    Quote Originally Posted by moehagene View Post
    AT&T says it's testing HSUPA on Atrix 4G, will turn it on eventually -- Engadget
    Use this article to refer to when speaking to the AT&T rep. It states that a Customer Appeals Manager acknowledged a Better Business Bureau complaint about the issue that HSUPA is not working yet on your phone. There is no reason to pay your full data plan if they advertise the Atrix capabilities but yet can't provide those services. Don't give in on the phone call. Ask to talk to the supervisor and have them explain to you why HSUPA is working on the iphone 4 and on the IPad 2 but not the Atrix. There is no reason to just give in to AT&T.

Only thing I have to mention, if you want to really have your facts down, the iPhone 4 doesn't use the HSPA+ network.
    But all in all, good freakin job, man!

That's awesome! Looks like I'll have to make a call to my "friends" over at AT&T and talk to them. This isn't right, and it's even more contract breaking that they aren't holding up their end of the expensive bargain.

Thank you for the heads up!
    "Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads