Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ROOT and ROM questions

This is a discussion on ROOT and ROM questions within the Motorola Atrix General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; I recently said goodbye to AT&T and went StraightTalk instead. What I need to know is can I still root and flash custom ROMs since ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By grenefroggie

Thread: ROOT and ROM questions

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Question ROOT and ROM questions

I recently said goodbye to AT&T and went StraightTalk instead. What I need to know is can I still root and flash custom ROMs since I am no longer AT&T? I sure don't want to brick my device, but would like to make some changes under the hood. Any input would be most helpful.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Paradygm, you need to hold on until a Rescue Squad guy can swing by and give you a hand with this...
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    I've never heard of StraightTalk. I just checked it out. It's VASTLY cheaper. I can get 3 months unltd. for the price of 1 month limited, really? Seems unreal. How's your reception/ web service? Are you happier with it? I'd rather hear from a customer than a company rep. I think it's time for a new provider. Thanks, Good Luck.
    Last edited by Lungbender; 04-25-2012 at 08:03 PM.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Yes, if your unlocked AT&T phone is already working on the carrier then you can freely mod however you'd like to. You may have to reset your APNs depending on the setup on that carrier's SIM card, but that should be about it.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    231 times
    Also, keep in mind your phone was originally on ATT. If you do decide to unlock the bootloader and install custom ROMs remember what version of Android you have now, in the event you need to flash it back to stock.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello everyone,

Im not sure i am posting this to the right place...but heres going, I currently have the Atrix AT&T i am running it on Straight talk- i was attempting to root my phone so i could tether it to my Transformer Prime tablet....well long story short the process got interrupter and now my phone when it starts up gives me the message "SVF:105:1:2 Failed to boot 0x1000 No OS detected, going to RSD mode in five seconds" then i can chose between 14 options to load- i either get a mismatch message or the phone seems to just hang on the chosen option.... am i screwed, and my phone bricked?

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MSteward View Post
    Hello everyone,

Im not sure i am posting this to the right place...but heres going, I currently have the Atrix AT&T i am running it on Straight talk- i was attempting to root my phone so i could tether it to my Transformer Prime tablet....well long story short the process got interrupter and now my phone when it starts up gives me the message "SVF:105:1:2 Failed to boot 0x1000 No OS detected, going to RSD mode in five seconds" then i can chose between 14 options to load- i either get a mismatch message or the phone seems to just hang on the chosen option.... am i screwed, and my phone bricked?
    Hi and welcome to the forums!

I'm not sure how the root process could end up with that error, but the fix for that is using the RSD option and flash a stock SBF using the below linked guide. Since you're on an AT&T phone, I'm guessing you were on the latest version? If so, flash only the 4.5.141 file linked within the guide.

[HOW TO] Use RSD Lite to Flash a SBF File - Motorola Atrix

Good luck!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by das8nt; 05-02-2012 at 10:17 PM.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Remove Ads

Ads