Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Next Motorola Atrix / Razr

This is a discussion on Next Motorola Atrix / Razr within the Motorola Atrix General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; Now that the Samsung Galaxy S III is out, and there are some interesting options available out there, I patiently wait for my update to ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By UltraDroid
  • 1 Post By BUC

Thread: Next Motorola Atrix / Razr

Member #
    Liked
    27 times

Cool Next Motorola Atrix / Razr

Now that the Samsung Galaxy S III is out, and there are some interesting options available out there, I patiently wait for my update to ICS on my Original Atrix 4G

I have criticized this phone a lot (http://www.atrixforums.com/forum/mot...las-fault.html), but only because I love it and I would love to see it improve.

IMO the Atrix 2 was rush and the Razr specially the Razr Maxx could have been better.

Now that my Atrix turned 1 y/o and I have invested in some accessories to go with it, I would still like to get another year from this phone and be able to sell it ok (in my country phones retain prices a lot longer than in the US)

I started to get my mind around the idea of getting a possible Atrix 3 or maybe a Next Razr Maxx + or whatever they call it in the future...

But then I came up with the idea that, since Moto is trying to focus on less devices and step up their quality (software), they should mix their lines of the best available devices to create a stronger full feature beast...

the Motorola Atrix Razr maybe?

A phone built something like:

- kevlar back
    - nano coating for water resistance
    - thin but still able to pack a >3000 mAh battery like the Maxx
    - fingerprint scanner (since rumors say that moto hasn't given up in the idea for the atrix 3)
    - 32/64 internal memory with microSD slot
    - 8 or more MP back camera and 1.3 front
    - Air mirroring over WiFi network (kinda like the S III)
    - 720 p screen 4.3-4.5, or something that would target most of the people (IMO the Razr is TOO big for it screen size, On the other hand the Atrix 4G has a incredibly small footprint for a 4" screen.)
    - and processors well any of the new one is fine by me. Be it Tegra 3 or Intel's or TI or S4... whatever but make it powerful

What else would you dream of having in an ATRIX-RAZR?

Name:  atrixrazr.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  40.9 KB
    Motorola Atrix 4G
    Android

Member #
    Twitter
    DeRose87
    Liked
    3 times
    Root and unlock your bootloader. You will like your phone better
    I unlocked my Atrix 4g 2.3.6 by using this link (the easy way) http://j.mp/Ate8E5

Click here to review on how to unlock your phone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DXc6YYES6Y

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoRoid View Post
    Root and unlock your bootloader. You will like your phone better
    Yeah I think about it some times... but I had a bad experience in the past, when I first got it, I rooted and did the webtop hack...

then when I wanted to update, I had to unhack and that was the ugly part...

I then decided to stay stock and if I do any rooting or hacking will be if there is a secure, proven way to revert it...

But thanks for the reminder, I know custom ROMS rocks, but I really want to see a nice Stock phone. And my post was focusing a bit more on hardware.
    Motorola Atrix 4G
    Android

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    The Atrix 3 is a rumored phone...However, it should be quad-core coming out later this year. Motorola Atrix 3 Leak Promises A Quad-Core Chip, 720p Screen, And A Huge Battery | TechCrunch

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    I'm thinking of staying pure stock, on the HTC One X, when it arrives. Maybe I'm getting too old for the modding game.
    BUC likes this.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    I'm thinking of staying pure stock, on the HTC One X, when it arrives. Maybe I'm getting too old for the modding game.

In part, thats my reason to stay stock... and Moto has been steering towards a simpler ICS look. Hopefully they get it right by the end of the year
    UltraDroid likes this.
    Motorola Atrix 4G
    Android

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hellvalley View Post
    The Atrix 3 is a rumored phone...However, it should be quad-core coming out later this year. Motorola Atrix 3 Leak Promises A Quad-Core Chip, 720p Screen, And A Huge Battery | TechCrunch
    I've seen that leak/fake but yeah, that's got to be some dreamer like me... Still I would love for something to materialize by the end of the year - beginning of next.
    Motorola Atrix 4G
    Android

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Personally, I hope they go for 4" again for the screen. I don't know who in the last year decided that anything below 4.3" wasn't big enough to warrant premium hardware.

4" is about the max I want to go. Maybe 4.3 if they go the ICS route of removing the physical buttons. Hopefully as tablets become more common place (taking the place of iPods now that phones have absorbed the music niche), we'll see less people clamoring for huge screens on phones.

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dags View Post
    Personally, I hope they go for 4" again for the screen. I don't know who in the last year decided that anything below 4.3" wasn't big enough to warrant premium hardware.

4" is about the max I want to go. Maybe 4.3 if they go the ICS route of removing the physical buttons. Hopefully as tablets become more common place (taking the place of iPods now that phones have absorbed the music niche), we'll see less people clamoring for huge screens on phones.
    I completely agree and that was one of the reasons I bought the Atrix, being almost the same size that an iPhone 4 and having a notably bigger screen. I also point out the Motorola Defy (original or +) as being smaller (though thicker) than the iPhone and having a bigger screen!

Anyway, since they already jumped to a 4.3 screen on the Atrix 2 I don't think they will go back to the sweet 4", but I do hope that the keep the frame as the original Atrix 4G or smaller.

That being said, I wouldn't mind having a +10mm thickness as long as they pack a huge battery inside
    Motorola Atrix 4G
    Android

Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    The good thing about bigger screens now is that they are more effectively reducing the bezel size. The galaxy s3 has the frame of a 4.3 phone but with a 4.8 screen. I would be happy with anything between 4.3-4.5 on an atrix 1 frame or a bit bigger.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Remove Ads

Ads