Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Best Atrix Roms

This is a discussion on Best Atrix Roms within the Motorola Atrix General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; What are the best roms For ATRIX 4G? Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MJPollard

Thread: Best Atrix Roms

Member #
    Twitter
    @Djedgarftw
    Liked
    26 times

Best Atrix Roms

What are the best roms For ATRIX 4G?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    Atrix Nottach Trix 4G 1.30

Member #
    Liked
    420 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DJEDGARFTW View Post
    What are the best roms For ATRIX 4G?
    "Best" is, of course, subjective, but here are my opinions on the ROMs you should look at:

CM7 - The CyanogenMod 7.2 ROM is about as close to the "pure Android experience" as you'll get. It's lean and mean, without MotoBlur and all the bloatware you find on the stock ROM. There are variants of this ROM, such as RedPill and Neutrino, that are aimed at more specific audiences (Neutrino, for example, strips out all but the absolute essentials for purposes of speed), but the official CM7 is usually what I'd recommend for people who are just starting out. Also, it is still being updated and bugs are still being fixed, which is important for many people. (I would normally recommend the RedPill variant, which is developed by this forum's own resident, Dorian, but he's all but dropped off the face of the forum and the last released version is rather old. No one currently knows if he'll be releasing another version, which is why I've switched to the original CM7.)

NottachTrix - A customized version of the stock ROM that strips out much of the bloat and adds many customized features. This is the ROM you'd want if you intend on using the laptop dock or the webtop, and is probably the best of the "modified stock" ROMs. Unfortunately, NottachTrix is no longer being updated, as its author has moved to a different phone, thus any bugs or problems you may encounter will never be addressed.

CM9 - Several people have come out with unofficial ROMs based on the next CyanogenMod version, which is based around Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), and these ROMs work... mostly. The issue with these ROMs is that they have been essentially "cut-and-pasted" from other CM9-based ROMs due to official Atrix hardware drivers for ICS not being available yet, which means that there are still issues. These unofficial ROMs are also in the early, "teething" stages, thus there will be issues. They're good ROMs to use if you like living on the "bleeding edge," but if you rely heavily on your Atrix and need it to be reliable and solid in operation, you should probably wait until these ROMs are more stable. (Motorola is supposed to release ICS for the Atrix some time in Q3, at which time the hardware drivers will be available and will be incorporated into both these ROMs and the official CM9.)

That's my list. Anyone else?
    das8nt likes this.
    Martin's Android devices:
    - Samsung Galaxy S3 with Quantum (CM 10.2 by PwnCakes193)
    - Asus Transformer TF101 with No-Name (CM 10.2 by josteink)
    - Motorola Atrix 4G with CM 7.2

Member #
    Twitter
    @Djedgarftw
    Liked
    26 times
    I have flashed only the cm7 and i have heard about the red pill but never checked it out. Do you know any good threads on it?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    link for the cm7/redpill rom:

http://www.atrixforums.com/forum/mot...ry-thread.html

which ive had and is great and stable. right now im running the neutrino rom which has a thread a few spots down from the one above in our roms section of the forum, very light and great battery life but any addons you want youll have to flash on yourself because it is completely de-bloated.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    The best rom depends on your expectations and what you need it to perform.

CM-7 and CM-9 are nice, but fall short on some of the capabilities that is built into the Atrix. If you can work around these shortcomings, CM-9 is VERY attractive. Personally, I've never used RedPill's CM-7, but have run the full body CM-7, Joker's CM-9, and several blur based versions by various developers, including Nottachtrix, which I consider the best non CM rom available at the time. Yes, it's no longer supported, but it is complete and runs without errors....Windows XP is no longer supported, but people still use it.

After having run several different custom roms, some that I liked, some that I didn't, I am now running the stock AT&T 2.3.6 again. I'm not having any issues with it, save the annoying battery indication often reading higher than it should. I'm finding it to be very stable, albeit not as fast as Nottachtrix 2.3.6 nor having some of Nottach's bells and whistles he added. I am getting decent battery life and really have little complaints about the stock rom. I am anxiously awaiting the release of ICS and, from there, will determine which direction I'll take my phone --- of course, soon afterwards my contract will be expiring and there are other avenues to explore. But for now...I'm stock (again)
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Member #
    Twitter
    @Djedgarftw
    Liked
    26 times
    Thank you for the link but I went with the nottachtrix because I needed a rom that supports the Lapdock and so far so good

Sent from ATRIX 4g rooted,unlocked and OC to 1.45 with nottachtrix rom using tapatalk 2

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    Nottachtrix is a very good option. It's the best custom option if you need full capabilities of your phone. Basically, it's stock on steroids.

Member #
    Twitter
    @Djedgarftw
    Liked
    26 times
    It really is and the I have it oc so its even better

Sent from ATRIX 4g rooted,unlocked and OC to 1.45 with nottachtrix rom using tapatalk 2

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    I was never a fan of the OC kernels. Never really saw the need for them, but everyone has different needs. Of all of the custom roms that I have tried, I liked Nottachtrix the best. CM-9 was smooth and had a lot of very nice features, but without the correct drivers it is still too limited for my needs. I have since reverted back to stock rom in anticipation of the next Moto upgrade to ICS, whenever that might occur. I'm not unhappy with stock, but there are a few nice features I got used to with some of the custom roms that I do miss (but can easily live without).

Remove Ads

Ads