Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Upgrading ROMS?

This is a discussion on Upgrading ROMS? within the Motorola Atrix General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; So far all I have done is fresh wipes and installs of ROMS. Currently I am running Morrisoft v1.0. Today I did a wipe of ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By grenefroggie

Thread: Upgrading ROMS?

Member #
    Twitter
    BilliardGreg
    Liked
    1 times

Upgrading ROMS?

So far all I have done is fresh wipes and installs of ROMS. Currently I am running Morrisoft v1.0. Today I did a wipe of v0.9 and a fresh install of 1.0 and afterwards I was wondering if I really had to do a full wipe if doing an upgrade of the same ROM? Guess once I find that ROM that I want to use I don't want to have to wipe to do an install. I've heard issues of using something like titanium backup to restore apps so I'm curious to hear what other people have to say.

Thanks

Sent from my MB860

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    @nakdea
    Liked
    765 times
    It really depends on the dev who created the ROM and the update. Most often, they will say whether or not a full wipe is required.

Titanium backup is an amazing app. I would recommend it to anyone that frequently ROMS their phone. However, depending on the ROM you use and the apps you have, sometimes backups will conflict with the ROM you're changing to. The apps themselves aren't really the problem. The main issue is the data or settings that Titanium will carry over from one ROM to the other.

^ nexus 5 .
    galaxy s 3 . optimus g . nexus 4 . atrix

fin.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    231 times
    When switching from ROM to ROM, a wipe is the BEST idea. In some cases, like when flashing the exact ROM, you don't have to wipe data. However, that data may be the cause of force closes and what not, and is the reason for the flash to begin with. When swapping ROMs, always wipe data, always.

TitaniumBackup will back up all the apps and their data on your phone. You may run in to trouble when restoring that data. Usually, I just restore the app. The data is backed up routinely manually by me, so I don't mind if I lose it.

Member #
    Twitter
    BilliardGreg
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm guessing the data is stored in a folder somewhere? Guess that is probably the safest route. Thankfully my important stuff like contacts is stored with Google. The rest of the major apps are account based so I don't loose a lot. Guess this last time it was a bowling app that I played over 200 games on and forgot about on the wipe kind is disappointing. Lol makes me not want yo reinstall the game.

Sent from my MB860

Remove Ads

Ads