Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

In a bit of a fix...need help...

This is a discussion on In a bit of a fix...need help... within the Motorola Atrix General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; As you all know by now, my wife is very happy with her Atrix 4G. But I am in a bit of a quandary. I ...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

In a bit of a fix...need help...

As you all know by now, my wife is very happy with her Atrix 4G. But I am in a bit of a quandary. I want an upgrade her phone but don't know where to start. I have a list of problems and I will be as brief as I can:

1. I live in India and ONLY GSM networks operate here.

2. The phone has AT&T painted all over it.

3. I want to root, but there are rooting instructions only for 2.3.4 (mine is 2.3.6)

4. I want a plain stock ROM but minus the BLUR elements. (ASOP as it is called)

5. Which way to go, ICS 4.X or the Nexus S way...

Now my worry is if I root and flash a ROM, will my GSM network still work? If not, can I revert back to where I am and pretend nothing happened?? This is my biggest concern...all other ROMs are CDMA I am assuming...or unless I am lucky and I have a global ROM...

It would be great if you all could help me with my issues (as you all have in the past).

Thanx a ton!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    [QUOTE=arcturuszer0;110771]

I want to root, but there are rooting instructions only for 2.3.4 (mine is 2.3.6)
    Follow the instructions on this thread and you should be fine...

http://www.atrixforums.com/forum/motorola-atrix-hacks/4414-how-root-motorola-atrix-1-all-versions-including-stock-locked-2-3-4-2-3-6-a.html

I want a plain stock ROM but minus the BLUR elements. (ASOP as it is called)
    You can either of the variation of CM7 which are several out there. But before you do that you will need to unlock the bootloader which by the way voids your warranty (so does root)....

[TUT]Unlocking Bootloader and Installing Custom ROMs

You can find several ROMs on this forums also...

Motorola Atrix Roms

Which way to go, ICS 4.X or the Nexus S way...
    ICS still some what broken, although I think it is operational and good enough for daily use minus some bugs. If by Nexus Syou mean ICS, like I said it is up to you.

Now my worry is if I root and flash a ROM, will my GSM network still work? If not, can I revert back to where I am and pretend nothing happened?? This is my biggest concern...all other ROMs are CDMA I am assuming...or unless I am lucky and I have a global ROM...
    If you have an AT&T phone any of the ROMs we have here should work and your network should be fine. If anything is a matter of resetting the APNs which is not a big deal.
    Last edited by RobKort; 06-05-2012 at 03:55 PM.
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Yep, Rob pretty much has you covered.

Just a few side notes:

1. The Atrix was only developed for GSM networks; there have been no CDMA versions made.

2. As Rob said, any and all ROMs will work for you, UNLESS they say specifically that they are for X carrier, but there are really very few of those, just the "Gobstoppers" meant for Bell Canada.

3. See above, note that bootloader unlock is required as well as root.

Just grab an app like APN Backup & Restore from the Play Store, and if you need to you can backup and restore your current settings for data connectivity.

If all else fails and you want to revert back, you can always factory reset and flash a stock AT&T SBF file to get back.

Good luck!

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    [QUOTE=RobKort;110776]
    Quote Originally Posted by arcturuszer0 View Post

Follow the instructions on this thread and you should be fine...

http://www.atrixforums.com/forum/motorola-atrix-hacks/4414-how-root-motorola-atrix-1-all-versions-including-stock-locked-2-3-4-2-3-6-a.html

You can either of the variation of CM7 which are several out there. But before you do that you will need to unlock the bootloader which by the way voids your warranty (so does root)....

[TUT]Unlocking Bootloader and Installing Custom ROMs

You can find several ROMs on this forums also...

Motorola Atrix Roms

ICS still some what broken, although I think it is operational and good enough for daily use minus some bugs. If by Nexus Syou mean ICS, like I said it is up to you.

If you have an AT&T phone any of the ROMs we have here should work and your network should be fine. If anything is a matter of resetting the APNs which is not a big deal.
    Where is a 'thanks' button when u want one... hehe...thanx a ton Rob...u answered all my questions. This is a great forum with some really awesome people ..now just one point..but Nexus S I meant bare one stock...2.3.X.
    Like u yourself said ICS has somethings not working I don't want it right now...so any Nexusish ROM??

And Atrix was a GSM phone is news to me...anyway thanx a ton u guys...
    Cheers!!

Sent from my RaZr NeXus.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    I'd say either DarkSide/Redpill Hybrid/or Neutrino. They might not be supported anymore but they are all very stable. Most have some screenshots for you to look at. Love DarkSide and RedPill the best.

-end of line-
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RobKort View Post
    I'd say either DarkSide/Redpill Hybrid/or Neutrino. They might not be supported anymore but they are all very stable. Most have some screenshots for you to look at. Love DarkSide and RedPill the best.

-end of line-
    Oh btw...I saw all of them...didn't quite interest me...sorry. I am looking for something more stock...like bare bones stock ..anything like that?? A direct Galaxy Nexus port or something??

Sent from my RaZr NeXus.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Planning to get a Jokersax CM9 ROM..wanted to know if it is stable and complete...as in everything, camcorder, h/w acceleration and everyting else is working...what would you advice...CM9?? or CM7??

acb
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by arcturuszer0 View Post
    Planning to get a Jokersax CM9 ROM..wanted to know if it is stable and complete...as in everything, camcorder, h/w acceleration and everyting else is working...what would you advice...CM9?? or CM7??
    If you want everything including h/w acceleration, you better stick with cm7 for now. cm9 will not be complete until moto releases the drivers or its build of ICS for the atrix.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanx bit cm7 is gb...I want ics....

Sent from my XT910 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Remove Ads

Ads