Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Phone locking up.

This is a discussion on Phone locking up. within the Motorola Atrix General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; Had the phone since August 011 and haven't had a single problem. In the last three weeks it has locked up 4 times. Only alternative ...

Member #
    Liked
    9 times

Phone locking up.

Had the phone since August 011 and haven't had a single problem. In the last three weeks it has locked up 4 times. Only alternative was to pull the battery. The first 2 times I was just looking at weather radar. The next 2 times I was looking at You Tube vids. Other then that it works OK.
    Anyone had issues like this? This is a stock non-rooted phone.
    I did DL the You Tube downloader but it was sending me spam texts so I uninstalled that. Also trying out the Dolphin HD browser and had several updates to installed apps.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ocala View Post
    Had the phone since August 011 and haven't had a single problem. In the last three weeks it has locked up 4 times. Only alternative was to pull the battery. The first 2 times I was just looking at weather radar. The next 2 times I was looking at You Tube vids. Other then that it works OK. Anyone had issues like this? This is a stock non-rooted phone.I did DL the You Tube downloader but it was sending me spam texts so I uninstalled that. Also trying out the Dolphin HD browser and had several updates to installed apps.
    Yeah, the YouTube app has locked my phone up on occasion. No idea what causes it. Very annoying though.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Yeah I noticed this immediately when I started watching more YouTube videos. I got the following suggestion from the Motorola Atrix forum:

-Clear data and cache for YouTube app
    - uninstall (even if latest ver) and reboot phone
    -Reinstall latest YouTube (2.4.4 I think is latest) and reboot phone

That seems to lessen the frequency of this occurring, though hasn't totally eliminated for me. Pretty serious bug someone needs to work-out in the YouTube app.

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    If it continues to occur can do a factory reset. This will clear your phone of all of the data in the main memory, not the sd card. After it's reset you'll have to add your accounts back in, including your Google accounts. Assuming you had your phone synced with Google most of your apps will get restored. If you manually downloaded any and side loaded you'll have to reinstall those manually.
    Moto Atrix 4G - Rooted, BL Unlocked, Carrier unlocked, RedPill CM7.2
    Google N1 - Rooted, Retired, Bad power switch repaired, backup device

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kage_ View Post
    If it continues to occur can do a factory reset. This will clear your phone of all of the data in the main memory, not the sd card. After it's reset you'll have to add your accounts back in, including your Google accounts. Assuming you had your phone synced with Google most of your apps will get restored. If you manually downloaded any and side loaded you'll have to reinstall those manually.
    Yeah, I have thought of that. If it keeps doing it that will be my last alternative.

Remove Ads

Ads