Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Once again horrible battery life and performance

This is a discussion on Once again horrible battery life and performance within the Motorola Atrix General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; Seems like someone updates an app and it abuses a service that sucks you dry. I suspect GPS - everyone wants to know your location ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Once again horrible battery life and performance

Seems like someone updates an app and it abuses a service that sucks you dry. I suspect GPS - everyone wants to know your location for some dang reason. I'm actually not sure which service is being abused but I have cooltool and it reports an inordinate amount of time using the com.motorola.blur.home.newsandweather service followed by a lot of hits on com.amazon.verenzia.
    I have no widgets of any type except bluetooth and gps to shut them on and off in a desperate attempt to make it through the day.
    The last time this happened I ended up doing a hard reset back to ground zero and adding the apps that I use. That worked for about 6 months. Sure wish I knew what was going on - almost as bad as Windows having to reboot to get it to respond. I seriously have to occasionally - Turn off, remove battery and then bring it back up. I've had screen timeout from the delay using even the lock screen keypad much less the finger sensor. Once upon a time my system would drop back to a few hundred Mhz - now I seldom see it below 608 Mhz. No phone calls, no games, no sms and already 6 hours after umnplugging I'm at 40%. I have two batteries and they both show the same performance. I guess time to nuke it again unless someone has an idea.

Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    It does sound like a rouge app of some sort.

I get really great battery life, but I get it by rooting and using tasker to manage some settings. I leave GPS off all of the time and have tasker start it up only when I launch the apps that I want to allow to use GPS.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I used to use tasker but stopped for some reason I can't remember. Maybe I should start again...

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Tasker rules

Atrix 4G rooted and rom'd with Cyanogen Mod 9
    Faux CM9 1.45gig Kernel
    (Zoom-Zoom)
    Fully thrashed and modded Nook Tablet (
    Team B CM7)

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    May not solve your issue, but Tasker is the best app for Android hands down. Granted out of the box it doesn't do squat and the learning curve is huge, but it's still a killer app.
    Moto Atrix 4G - Rooted, BL Unlocked, Carrier unlocked, RedPill CM7.2
    Google N1 - Rooted, Retired, Bad power switch repaired, backup device

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I use Juice Defender on a stock phone and my GPS is always on. Have no problem with the battery.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ocala View Post
    I use Juice Defender on a stock phone and my GPS is always on. Have no problem with the battery.
    JD worked great for me too then one update it started acting whacked out disabling wifi and stuff almost arbitrarily. Got to where it aggravated me so bad missing important emails I took it off.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I think I found the rogue app - Go SMS Pro. I looked at AppUsage and it reported it as #1 time consumer. I looked at the setup and apparently they have branched out into all sorts of other services such as a "chat" and a "store" that apparently poll to see if anything new is waiting. I turned all that crap off and all is right with my Atrix again. So I was correct in that a upgrade snuck "features" in that affected the phone's battery life.

Member #
    Liked
    420 times
    Where is the setting to turn those off? I think I found the one for chat, but I couldn't find the one for the store.

Sent from my Motorola Atrix 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Martin's Android devices:
    - Samsung Galaxy S3 with Quantum (CM 10.2 by PwnCakes193)
    - Asus Transformer TF101 with No-Name (CM 10.2 by josteink)
    - Motorola Atrix 4G with CM 7.2

Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaJon View Post
    I think I found the rogue app - Go SMS Pro. I looked at AppUsage and it reported it as #1 time consumer. I looked at the setup and apparently they have branched out into all sorts of other services such as a "chat" and a "store" that apparently poll to see if anything new is waiting. I turned all that crap off and all is right with my Atrix again. So I was correct in that a upgrade snuck "features" in that affected the phone's battery life.
    It's almost always a "rogue app" that causes these problems. Glad you found it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads