Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Media Coverage - ICS MotoFail

This is a discussion on Media Coverage - ICS MotoFail within the Motorola Atrix General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; The buzz in the forums (here, Motorola, XDA, etc), Twitter, Facebook and other means are starting to stir up some media coverage of the ICS ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Media Coverage - ICS MotoFail

Member #
    Liked
    87 times

Media Coverage - ICS MotoFail

The buzz in the forums (here, Motorola, XDA, etc), Twitter, Facebook and other means are starting to stir up some media coverage of the ICS MotoFail (Atrix/Photon/Electrify). Also the recent announcements about Android version use are generating some related chatter.

As you see media coverage, can you post it here so we have a resource of all the articles to see how far this spreads?

Thanks.

Android Police
    Business Insider
    CNET News
    Fudzilla
    Slashgeat
    Arstechnica
    Engadget
    Phandroid
    GottabeMobile
    TechHive
    WirelessandMobileNews
    gforgames
    f
    iercemobilecontent
    a
    utomobile
    p
    cmag

If there are other sites that you'd like to see coverage, please tip them! Thanks

Twitter: #MotoFail
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motof...968298?fref=ts
    Great Links to show support, spread the work, file complaints, etc: http://supportmymoto.com/
    Last edited by scarth; 10-04-2012 at 08:22 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    420 times

Re: Media Coverage - ICS MotoFail

At the very least, this should be cause for a great deal of embarrassment on Motorola's part (if they even give a d**n to begin with). As for myself, I'll likely move on to a GS3 soon, as I'm eligible for an upgrade, and though I can't say I'll never consider a Moto product again, they'll have to show me that they've greatly improved their commitment to their products and their customers before I do so.

Sent from my Motorola Atrix 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Martin's Android devices:
    - Samsung Galaxy S3 with Quantum (CM 10.2 by PwnCakes193)
    - Asus Transformer TF101 with No-Name (CM 10.2 by josteink)
    - Motorola Atrix 4G with CM 7.2

acb
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MJPollard View Post
    At the very least, this should be cause for a great deal of embarrassment on Motorola's part (if they even give a d**n to begin with). As for myself, I'll likely move on to a GS3 soon, as I'm eligible for an upgrade, and though I can't say I'll never consider a Moto product again, they'll have to show me that they've greatly improved their commitment to their products and their customers before I do so.

Sent from my Motorola Atrix 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Man oh man I wish I had an upgrade too.... I have to last until March.

Member #
    Liked
    420 times

Re: Media Coverage - ICS MotoFail

Quote Originally Posted by acb View Post
    Man oh man I wish I had an upgrade too.... I have to last until March.
    Oh, don't get me wrong, the Atrix is still a great phone even on Gingerbread, so I don't consider myself "stuck" at all, but... well, time marches on.

Sent from my Asus Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2
    Martin's Android devices:
    - Samsung Galaxy S3 with Quantum (CM 10.2 by PwnCakes193)
    - Asus Transformer TF101 with No-Name (CM 10.2 by josteink)
    - Motorola Atrix 4G with CM 7.2

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    On a related note, here's an updated chart from Google of Android version usage.

Recapping: GB 56%, ICS 23.7%, JB 1.8%

Is it any wonder JB and ICS are so low. Now compare with iPhone's new OS that comparable to ICS in only two weeks.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Agreed, it is a great phone and does it's job, but it's the buggy software that soils my oats (is that even a saying?)

(This is without rooting etc, but) battery not indicating it is "full" and showing a different charge amount after a reset, music player skips on playback occasionally, random reboots, it goes on ... I think someone documented all of the bugs somewhere on here ...

acb
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MJPollard View Post
    Oh, don't get me wrong, the Atrix is still a great phone even on Gingerbread, so I don't consider myself "stuck" at all, but... well, time marches on.

Sent from my Asus Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

I wouldn't feel as stuck without my stupid locked down bootloader. I need some roms to play with!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have a feeling because most people with the original Atrix will be upgrading in the first quarter of 2013, Moto didn't think it was good money spent to update. Most people upgrade when they have a chance to. This doesn't create brand loyalty, but it would seem they don't care. If they don't care I don't either. Probably Samsung next phone and keep Atrix as backup.
    HamburgerHelper likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jepwwt69 View Post
    I have a feeling because most people with the original Atrix will be upgrading in the first quarter of 2013, Moto didn't think it was good money spent to update. Most people upgrade when they have a chance to. This doesn't create brand loyalty, but it would seem they don't care. If they don't care I don't either. Probably Samsung next phone and keep Atrix as backup.
    There are number of issues that play into the dynamics of this whole story. But the problem with the "people will be upgrading" theory is that NOW they will almost 100% be upgrading to another company (likely Samsung, maybe HTC). There are many us with that idea right now. With an ICS upgrade, I'd probably just stay with the Atrix for quite a while. But now I'm feeling the need to move on.
    acb and MJPollard like this.

acb
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerGoggles View Post
    There are number of issues that play into the dynamics of this whole story. But the problem with the "people will be upgrading" theory is that NOW they will almost 100% be upgrading to another company (likely Samsung, maybe HTC). There are many us with that idea right now. With an ICS upgrade, I'd probably just stay with the Atrix for quite a while. But now I'm feeling the need to move on.
    Exactly. I was planning to keep my atrix for another year and then getting whatever nexus device was out there in fall 2013. After this decision (combined with the previously mentioned locked down bootloader), I'll be upgrading on the very day that I'm eligible and I'm strongly considering giving another OS a try.
    hooligan and skrao7 like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads