Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

unlocked>rooted> CWM??>cyanogen(almost)

This is a discussion on unlocked>rooted> CWM??>cyanogen(almost) within the Motorola Atrix General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; Hey now I'm trying to install a new rom on my atrix4G. I have unlocked the bootloader, rooted the phone and currently trying to load ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: unlocked>rooted> CWM??>cyanogen(almost)

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

unlocked>rooted> CWM??>cyanogen(almost)

Hey now I'm trying to install a new rom on my atrix4G. I have unlocked the bootloader, rooted the phone and currently trying to load cyanogen mod using ROM manager. In ROM manager i selected flash CWMod recovery and i get a MSG saying it's been flashed.(success)
    Current Recovery: clockworkMod5.0.2.0
    Latest Recovery: ClockwordMod5.0.2.0
    ClockworkMod touch available

is there any other way i can check that it's been flashed?

when i select download new rom it downloads and i get a MSG to
    backup data
    wipe data and cache
    (forgot what this one is)dviceh
    selecting ok reboots the phone but on start up i get the triangle and exclamation.
    and i have to remove the battery and the phone starts up normally.
    what am i missing?

Member #
    Liked
    195 times

Re: unlocked>rooted> CWM??>cyanogen(almost)

You're going about it the wrong way. Don't use ROM manager you need to reboot into CWM recovery and flash the ROM in CWM. Let's start by figuring out the state your phone is in now. Go to "about phone" in settings and tell me what it says.

Sent from my SGH-i777 running JB AOKP

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Android 2.3.6 Build 4.5.141kernel 2.6.32.9

Member #
    Liked
    195 times
    OK, you haven't successfully flashed anything yet, you're still stock.

Start by following this link with the web browser on your Atrix CyanogenMod Downloads and download it. If ROM manager pops up and asks if you want to flash it, tap no or cancel or whatever it takes to NOT let it try to take over the process. All you want to do at this point is download the file. It's pretty big so it'll take a few minutes, especially if you're on a cell signal. It would be best to connect to WiFi if you can. Once that is done download gapps for CM7.2 here Goo.im Downloads - Downloading gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip

Once that is done you need to reboot the phone into recovery. To do that turn your phone off, then turn it back on. While it's starting up hold down the down volume button until you see the word "fastboot" appear in the upper left of the screen. Once you see that release the down volume and then use down volume to cycle through the different options until you see "recovery" then press the up volume button to select it. If you pass it for some reason keep pressing down volume until you cycle back to recovery and then press up volume.

From there you should be in CWM and you'll see a list of options in blue font that you cycle through using the volume up and down buttons and power button to select. Here is where you want to highlight the "wipe data/factory reset and press the power button. This will bring up another menu making you confirm that's the operation you want. You'll scroll down and select yes. Let it do it's thing and it'll bring you back to the previous menu where you'll want to highlight and select "wipe cache partition" and confirm. It'll do it's thing again (this one MUCH faster) and bring you back again where you'll scroll down to advanced and then go to "wipe dalvik cache" and confirm, phone does it's thing and brings you back again.

Now you'll highlight "go back" and then select "install zip from sdcard" then "choose zip from internal sdcard" then scroll down to Download/ and select it and there you should see your CM7.2 file and the gapps file. Select the CM7.2 file first and wait for the phone to do it's thing which will take a while because it's basically installing a new operating system. Once that's done you'll be looking at the same menu again, now highlight and select the gapps file and again let the phone do it's thing.

Once both are done, hit "go back" until you see the menu with "reboot system now" at the top, select it and you're done. You'll see the little Cyanogenmod skateboarding guy and you'll be setting up your phone like you just opened it out of the box for the first time.
    nalomo likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    selected recovery and got the triangle with exclamation.
    removed battery phone started up normal.

Member #
    Liked
    195 times

I'm sorry you've gone beyond my knowledge base. I'm thinking something wasn't done correctly in your boot loader unlock process. PM Das8nt with a link to this thread. He's a genius with this phone.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    selected recovery and got the triangle with exclamation.<br>removed battery phone started up normal.

Ok, thanks for the info.
    so i'm thinking ROM manager is not needed??
    should i go ahead and uninstall?
    Last edited by soryu; 11-29-2012 at 09:28 AM. Reason: ROmanager

Member #
    Liked
    195 times

Yes, I wouldn't even bother with it. Some of the ROM's I've flashed include it as a system file but I have never used it. The one time I let it run the flashing process on my Atrix it hung in CWM and never recovered. It was quite a mess.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    Hi there! When you boot up the phone, does it say unlocked in the upper lefthand corner? When you unlocked, did you follow these instructions?

[TUT]Unlocking Bootloader and Installing Custom ROMs

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    Ditto the above entry. It sounds as if you never properly flashed CWM.
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads