Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

[How To] [MOD] Undo Webtop Mod [MOD] [How To]

This is a discussion on [How To] [MOD] Undo Webtop Mod [MOD] [How To] within the Motorola Atrix Hacks forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; Yep, I'm stuck without sideloading until we are granted root again. I've let Motorola know of my displeasure, too. This cat-and-mouse thing is just stupid, ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: [How To] [MOD] Undo Webtop Mod [MOD] [How To]

Member #
    Liked
    547 times
    Yep, I'm stuck without sideloading until we are granted root again. I've let Motorola know of my displeasure, too. This cat-and-mouse thing is just stupid, and serves nobody's interests. Lock the bootloader, sure, but blocking apps of our choosing? C'mon...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    I don't think the blocked side-loading is Motorola's choice.. I think that is our "friend" AT&T.
    "Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Member #
    Liked
    547 times
    Well, the way I put it to Moto is this:
    Further, I hope that a way to achieve Root access is either found, or perhaps provided by Motorola or AT&T soon, so I can take advantage of some helpful and harmless apps that are available to other Android users. The 'gain root/lose root' cycle is not beneficial to anyone, in any way, and is probably my only real frustration with the Atrix. Well, that and the gimped "4G" speeds that we currently have...though I understand that's not on Motorola either.

In sum, you guys have built an amazing device in the Atrix, but sadly allowed AT&T to tie its' hands behind its' back and place it in leg irons. Perhaps I've been spoiled by my Nexus One; perhaps I merely expect to be able to use my phone however I see fit. But the restrictions imposed by "others" are quite frustrating, and are most certainly reducing my appreciation of your product.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    Well.. I'm not sure how much they will listen. But I agree with your message to them 100%.
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Well, the way I put it to Moto is this:
    Further, I hope that a way to achieve Root access is either found, or perhaps provided by Motorola or AT&T soon, so I can take advantage of some helpful and harmless apps that are available to other Android users. The 'gain root/lose root' cycle is not beneficial to anyone, in any way, and is probably my only real frustration with the Atrix. Well, that and the gimped "4G" speeds that we currently have...though I understand that's not on Motorola either.

In sum, you guys have built an amazing device in the Atrix, but sadly allowed AT&T to tie its' hands behind its' back and place it in leg irons. Perhaps I've been spoiled by my Nexus One; perhaps I merely expect to be able to use my phone however I see fit. But the restrictions imposed by "others" are quite frustrating, and are most certainly reducing my appreciation of your product.
    Well said! ATT needs to stop holding back the potential our devices have.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    So... I did this just now, because I got the update. And I'm stuck in a force close loop. It won't give me the option to power off because the Force Close window covers the power off selection. Is it safe to do a hard power off?

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Lock the phone and u should be able to shut it off by holding the power button.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    Good call. Thanks, man.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Im A Monsta View Post
    Good call. Thanks, man.
    No problem bro.
    Im A Monsta likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Help, my well meaning husband took my new phone and rooted it. You know how it is get a new toy must check it out and tweak it Now he can't get it off. I read your directions and can't figure them out! It would help if I knew what he did in the first place to root it but I haven't a clue what he used and now neither does he. Can you make a play by play in simple (I mean idiot simple) steps of exactly what I need to do in order to get my atria back so that I can put on the new update. I love my atrix and don't use any of the root except side load. It looks as if I can side load even without root so all will be well if only I can get my updates. thanks for your help!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads