Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How do you set USB connection to none and enable USB mass storage?

This is a discussion on How do you set USB connection to none and enable USB mass storage? within the Motorola Atrix Hacks forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; Like the title says, what are the steps/paths to do it I searched and didn't see any thing other than mentions that it needs to ...

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By itsnowornever

Thread: How do you set USB connection to none and enable USB mass storage?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

How do you set USB connection to none and enable USB mass storage?

Like the title says, what are the steps/paths to do it

I searched and didn't see any thing other than mentions that it needs to be done for certain things. No where did I find the path to set USB connection to "none" or steps to enabling USB mass storage.

Thanks,

One more thing.... Is USB mass storage really needed for anything or can you just use the phone portal?

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Plug the phone into the computer, there will be an icon on the notification bar. Slide the notification bar down, and click the icon, A window will pop up and you can choose there.
    TexMed likes this.
    1- Use the search function before asking a question--it takes away from new questions to have the same ones pop up over and over.
    2- ROMS
    3-
    HACKS
    4- THEMES
    5- To root 8.3 go HERE
    I dont mean to seem rude...but PLEASE search for your answer. New questions deserve answers, and we can't see them if the same thing pops up over and over

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    @nakdea
    Liked
    763 times
    yep... what she said ^^

^ nexus 5 .
    galaxy s 3 . optimus g . nexus 4 . atrix

fin.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ah, I see. Thank you.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Angry Ok

figured out what to do myself thanks you need to be more clear about which computer you are plugging it into. The Lapdock computer or a "desktop" computer. You need to be clearer about what you mean and where things are located especially if this is the first smart phone you have ever dealt with.,

Quote Originally Posted by itsnowornever View Post
    Plug the phone into the computer, there will be an icon on the notification bar. Slide the notification bar down, and click the icon, A window will pop up and you can choose there.
    Last edited by hogansheroes5; 05-18-2011 at 01:44 AM. Reason: figured out what to do on my own Thank

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hogansheroes5 View Post
    figured out what to do myself thanks you need to be more clear about which computer you are plugging it into. The Lapdock computer or a "desktop" computer. You need to be clearer about what you mean and where things are located especially if this is the first smart phone you have ever dealt with.,
    Lapdock is not a computer though. It's an external screen with keboard that just happens to look like a traditional laptop computer.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    My new Atrix 2 is not even being recognized when plugged into laptop (Win7) Nothing on the computer or on the phone. Phone just shows charging and that's it. I can't find the settings to change anything or even find how how to make the phone be recognized.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazgranny View Post
    My new Atrix 2 is not even being recognized when plugged into laptop (Win7) Nothing on the computer or on the phone. Phone just shows charging and that's it. I can't find the settings to change anything or even find how how to make the phone be recognized.
    I think that's because you're on none with USB settings, if you change this you laptop will recognize it. If it wasn't charging when connected, you might have broken the chipset on you're laptop..

BUC
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hogansheroes5 View Post
    Dude chill...

She was trying to help, and I think she did. If you were not able to understand the difference between a computer and the Lapdock accessory, that is not her fault.

What did you do first? grab your atrix and with an USB cable plugged it into the Lapdock's USB port? LOL
    Motorola Atrix 4G
    Android

Ads