Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Unbricking Atrix

This is a discussion on Unbricking Atrix within the Motorola Atrix Hacks forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; Hi all, Just got an atrix the other day and found this forum this morning, glad to see a community for this phone. This is ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Unbricking Atrix

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Lightbulb Unbricking Atrix

Hi all,

Just got an atrix the other day and found this forum this morning, glad to see a community for this phone. This is my first android phone as I moved over from the iphone4. One question I have before I start hacking this phone is, how do i "unbrick" this phone if i do brick it? Any tutorials on how to unbrick a phone? I've searched far and wide and haven't found a step by step guide on unbricking this phone. I don't want to try and root the phone and then brick it and be stuck. Any help is appreciated!

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Hi, pox, welcome to the forums!

There are two different types of "brick" states that can happen; soft-brick which is usually when the phone will boot-loop and hard-brick in which it's done and there is nothing anyone can do to get it back except for Moto. It is very unlikely that the Atrix can have a hard-brick being that the bootloader is locked, therefore cutting off access to damaging the most delicate parts of the system.

So, recovering from a soft-brick... If you're in a boot-loop, more than likely you can boot into RSD mode and flash a fresh SBF to recover your device. See here: AT&T Guide --> [GUIDE] Flash SBF to Motorola Atrix 4G - xda-developers

Latest firmware SBF: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1056779
    Last edited by das8nt; 05-05-2011 at 09:41 AM.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the explanation and the quick response!

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pox View Post
    Thanks for the explanation and the quick response!
    Very welcome!

Also, just added link to the latest firmware version above.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by das8nt View Post
    Very welcome!

Also, just added link to the latest firmware version above.
    i brick my Atrix by flashing 1.26 .sbf....
    help please

this is happaning
    So did i just brick my Atrix? (Installed new boot animation) - Android Forums

Member #
    Liked
    116 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aaurnab View Post
    i brick my Atrix by flashing 1.26 .sbf....
    help please

this is happaning
    So did i just brick my Atrix? (Installed new boot animation) - Android Forums

If it powers on at all (shows the red Moto logo) just hold the volume up button until it says "starting RSD protocol support."

U then start up RSD Lite on ur PC and load up the firmware (by pressing the "..." button).

Connect ur phone to the PC, it should recognize ur phone by saying "connected".

U press start and that should fix any soft bricking u may have done.

What may have happened to u is ur SBF file is in the wrong folder. I put mine on my desktop and it didn't work. I put it on my "C" drive and it didn't work...the only time my RSD Lite works is when i put the SBF file in my "Documents" folder. Perhaps this was ur problem...anyhow the full tutorial is HERE on XDA. Good luck.

Disregard my link, das8nt has already posted it.
    Last edited by Damien1592; 05-31-2011 at 03:25 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien1592 View Post
    If it powers on at all (shows the red Moto logo) just hold the volume up button until it says "starting RSD protocol support."

U then start up RSD Lite on ur PC and load up the firmware (by pressing the "..." button).

Connect ur phone to the PC, it should recognize ur phone by saying "connected".

U press start and that should fix any soft bricking u may have done.

What may have happened to u is ur SBF file is in the wrong folder. I put mine on my desktop and it didn't work. I put it on my "C" drive and it didn't work...the only time my RSD Lite works is when i put the SBF file in my "Documents" folder. Perhaps this was ur problem...anyhow the full tutorial is HERE on XDA. Good luck.

Disregard my link, das8nt has already posted it.
    thank you for quick response. i did all the things as mentioned in the guide. when i got the phone that the software was 1.26 , then i upgrade to 1.83. but for root access i downgrade it again in 1.26 with the help of the guide. i rooted my my phone and flash gingerblur rom from CWM recovery...all the thing was smooth...but the rom was getting problem in 3D games, then i decided to Flash back to stock...and i flashed 1.26 as previous i did. but my bed luck still i am flashing but to boot...only M screen apear.in RSD lite 5.3.1 two passes is success, when it reboot i driver name "qsdusb_DLOAD" not found the RSD shows the whole thing is failed. i can access my phone through "boot android (no BP)" from fastboot pressing power + vol down....... what next.

please help me.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aaurnab View Post
    thank you for quick response. i did all the things as mentioned in the guide. when i got the phone that the software was 1.26 , then i upgrade to 1.83. but for root access i downgrade it again in 1.26 with the help of the guide. i rooted my my phone and flash gingerblur rom from CWM recovery...all the thing was smooth...but the rom was getting problem in 3D games, then i decided to Flash back to stock...and i flashed 1.26 as previous i did. but my bed luck still i am flashing but to boot...only M screen apear.in RSD lite 5.3.1 two passes is success, when it reboot i driver name "qsdusb_DLOAD" not found the RSD shows the whole thing is failed. i can access my phone through "boot android (no BP)" from fastboot pressing power + vol down....... what next.

please help me.
    Hi, aaurnab.

This is a issue I haven't seen come up before. In trying to troubleshoot we might need to get a little more info.

Have you downloaded and reinstalled the Motorola USB drivers from here: http://www.motorola.com/Support/US-E...arging-Drivers

Do you have an Error Code that RDSlite gives when it fails?

From the same thread you posted, have you tried the suggestion posted in this post: So did i just brick my Atrix? (Installed new boot animation) - Android Forums ?

EDIT: (WARNING!: DO NOT USE THIS BELOW IF YOU HAVE ALREADY UPDATED TO 2.3.4/GINGERBREAD! Use only the 2.3.4 SBF if available)

Have you tried to flash directly to 4.1.83? File here: [sbf] olyfr_u4_1.8.3_signed - xda-developers

Did you already perform a Factory Data Reset? If not, then I would NOT recommend it if you can't boot.

Did you try to replace your boot animation like in the other thread? or are you just having the same symptoms?
    Last edited by das8nt; 07-25-2011 at 10:04 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by das8nt View Post
    Hi, aaurnab.

This is a issue I haven't seen come up before. In trying to troubleshoot we might need to get a little more info.

Have you downloaded and reinstalled the Motorola USB drivers from here: USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

tha
    Do you have an Error Code that RDSlite gives when it fails?

From the same thread you posted, have you tried the suggestion posted in this post: So did i just brick my Atrix? (Installed new boot animation) - Android Forums ?

EDIT: (WARNING!: DO NOT USE THIS BELOW IF YOU HAVE ALREADY UPDATED TO 2.3.4/GINGERBREAD! Use only the 2.3.4 SBF if available)

Have you tried to flash directly to 4.1.83? File here: [sbf] olyfr_u4_1.8.3_signed - xda-developers

Did you already perform a Factory Data Reset? If not, then I would NOT recommend it if you can't boot.

Did you try to replace your boot animation like in the other thread? or are you just having the same symptoms?
    Thank you Das8nt for early response ,
    first of all i think i have very bad luck.....i did update of all the Motorola drivers including Ur suggestion .... i downloaded the SBF from ur given link and flash it by rsd.exe. i did a factory data reset from android recovery by pressing power+vol dn...i didn't try to change any boot animation...only try to change motoblur which have mentioned before....i try to "boot android (no BP)" to access motoblur and success but i think that was a recovary mood not peranent...there i update 1.2.6 to 1.8.3...then root by gladroot, then install clockwork recovery [SCRIPT] GladRoot v4.3 (Bell 0.37.4, AT&T 1.26/1.52/1.57/1.83 Supported) - xda-developers , then i try to go to recovery but can't...M screen appear after 2-3 m it says Modem didn't power up, i think i would be able to flash again gingerblur....still i can enter motoblur by "boot android (no BP)"..... can you say that if my Atrix will be recoverable????? please help... i use it only 5 days and i'm missing it very much..please help me if there another way ..... like shell root or something i'm not so expert but noobs...
    thank you..
    regards
    Last edited by das8nt; 07-25-2011 at 10:05 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    here is the RSDlite fail flash log

12:56:07, May 31, 2011
    Line: 340
    ERROR: Interface AP-OS: Error flashing subscriber unit. Device API Error: 0xE0020090 Address: 0x2000 Command: BIN
    File: D:\GitProjects2\hdt_windows_flash\flash\code\flash dll\FlashOp.cpp
    Device ID: 0

12:58:07, May 31, 2011
    Line: 1836
    ERROR: Phone[0000]: Error switching phone to BP Pass through mode
    File: D:\GitProjects2\hdt_windows_flash\flash\code\flash dll\FlashOp.cpp

12:58:18, May 31, 2011
    Line: 719
    ERROR: Phone[0000]: The "Motorola_Flash" Interface could not be found.

The super-file is not secure and for re-flash;

the phone needs a super-file that is not secure and for reflash.
    File: D:\GitProjects2\hdt_windows_flash\flash\code\flash dll\MIFlash.cpp

Line: 1190
    ERROR: Phone[0000]: Flash failed.
    File: D:\GitProjects2\hdt_windows_flash\flash\code\flash dll\PST_FP_FlashThread.cpp

Line: 597
    ERROR: Flash failure: Interface AP-OS: Error flashing subscriber unit. Device API Error: 0xE0020090 Address: 0x2000 Command: BIN (Error Code: e0020090),
    Detailed Error Details: Direction of the Error=3000, Command Value=300000, Code Group Number=2
    File: D:\GitProjects2\hdt_windows_flash\flash\code\flash dll\FlashHdlr.cpp

Ads