Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Question For People That Have Rooted For A Long Time

This is a discussion on Question For People That Have Rooted For A Long Time within the Motorola Atrix Hacks forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; OK so this is my first Android/smart/anthing other than just dial phone and I like my phone rooted and I LOVE the hell out of ...

Member #
    Liked
    24 times

Question For People That Have Rooted For A Long Time

OK so this is my first Android/smart/anthing other than just dial phone and I like my phone rooted and I LOVE the hell out of Kenneth Penns ROM's but it is beginning to seem like work to keep up with the updates. Is this going to be a forever event? Are the updates going to roll like this all the time? Honestly I really want to get to my Greyblur and park a while but this continuous flashing and rooting is way too time consuming.

I have a kid starting college (gotta love those parent loans I think I'm gonna vomit) another just starting to drive and work is consuming my days more than usual lately. I'm not sure I can keep up. Is there a way to just get to Greyblur and stop all future updates? When I say stop I mean not even have the chance to accidently DL one.

Lastly I have some really incredible pictures from my work some of you may be interested in is there a way to upload them to the forums without me having web space anymore? I work at Lockheed Martin and just got some new pictures from the radar cross section building that the government just allowed for public distribution. The pics are about a year ols but are pretty sweet.
    Don't Play Stupid with me...........
    It's a game you can't win!

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Well, to answer your first question...eventually the updates will just stop (once the phone has reached EOL status). Until then, there really isnt much you can do to stop them from coming. And its pretty much guaranteed that every update that comes will break root.

Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Thats what I was afraid of. I have noticed that the rooting gets easier each time just seems like alot of work. I'll probably keep up for a while but sooner or later my laziness will catch up and I'll be forced to go stock again. Thank You for the response.

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Heh. Yeah, if you keep the phone long enough you'll eventually get to a state where you won't want to mess with it anymore. It just freakin' rocks so hard the way it is you can't stand to mess with it anymore. My old A855 is like that now. It's as fast as it can be and as tricked out as it can be that it would be a sin to mess with it anymore. But then that phone is old (in technology years at least). I still sometimes try out other ROMs on it but always go back to the Bugless Beast (thanks Pete) with the overclock ChevyNo1 kernel. God that's good stuff. The Atrix is new enough that it'll be getting new goodies for quite a while. More than likely you'll get a new phone before the Atrix is "used up". Enjoy this phone. It's awesome. Now when is Apple coming out with that next design... :P
    -joe-
    -Geek, Hack, Early Adopter-
    "The Cake Is a Lie..."

Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Quote Originally Posted by joeaux View Post
    Now when is Apple coming out with that next design... :P
    -joe-
    Bite your tongue man.