Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Unlock Atrix Full Power

This is a discussion on Unlock Atrix Full Power within the Motorola Atrix Hacks forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; If I understand correctly, the atrix reserves one of its cores and 512mb out of it's full 1gb ram for the dock... For those of ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Unlock Atrix Full Power

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Unlock Atrix Full Power

If I understand correctly, the atrix reserves one of its cores and 512mb out of it's full 1gb ram for the dock... For those of us who plan on just using the phone, will we ever get to use the hardware we payed for through just the phone...

Will there ever be a hack to allow both cores and a full 1gb ram for just the phone?

On another note, I'm waiting on a widget that shows a dual core cpu meter...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    I think that when we see gingerbread, there will be a lot more use out of our power. Gingerbread revolves around dual core tech.
    Doxy and fcturbo2 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Yeah agreed. I sure hope that Moto does what they promised and upgrades their phones. Gingerbread (compiled and optimized for Tegra 2, as well as Flash) will make this little machine move faster than quicksilver. I mean it screams now for a smartphone. But with an optimized OS! Sheesh.
    -joe-
    -Geek, Hack, Early Adopter-
    "The Cake Is a Lie..."

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by codebyter View Post
    If I understand correctly, the atrix reserves one of its cores and 512mb out of it's full 1gb ram for the dock... For those of us who plan on just using the phone, will we ever get to use the hardware we payed for through just the phone...
    I didn't realize it reserves 512mb for the dock. I was wondering that no matter what I kill with task killer, I only have like 400 mb free of RAM

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Ya it totally blows about the half rule with this phone. Besides, I even tried the webtop dock today and found out that to use the internet you have to have a tethering plan... sigh. I really hope that their upgrade to 2.3 does the trick...

Member #
    I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available. If you try it once, you will die.
    Liked
    68 times
    Ya it totally blows about the half rule with this phone. Besides, I even tried the webtop dock today and found out that to use the internet you have to have a tethering plan... sigh. I really hope that their upgrade to 2.3 does the trick...
    Or use it on Wi-Fi, I believe.
    iPhone -> iPhone 3 -> iPhone 3GS -> iPhone 4 -> Atrix.

Anyone looking for a like new Panasonic ToughBook laptop?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Or use it on Wi-Fi, I believe.
    Yup thats totally right, forgot about that too. I wonder if you could actually hack the tethering to work with the webtop dock...

Member #
    I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available. If you try it once, you will die.
    Liked
    68 times
    Yup thats totally right, forgot about that too. I wonder if you could actually hack the tethering to work with the webtop dock...
    Appearantly, you can.

From an XDA user clubtech:

1) Created the custom APN for free tethering as described here: [HOW TO] Tethering without ROOT.
    2) Under APN type I put the following: default,dun,tether
    3) i made sure my wifi hostspot is working properly (to make sure i setup the APN correctly). Once confirmed i shut down the hotspot app.
    4) connected the HD media dock and launched webtop - it tried to verify the connection and kinda got stuck there.
    5) i then changed the APN from the one i created to a built in one called "AT&T US Tether". at that point Webtop got access to the internet somehow (an no i don't have a tethering plan, i have an grandfathered unlimited data plan).
    6) I immediately switched back to my custom APN after i saw webtop passed the connection authorization stage and voila...it is online via 3G/4G. I know for sure that the webtop is connecting through the custom APN and somehow - it works.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by joeaux View Post
    Yeah agreed. I sure hope that Moto does what they promised and upgrades their phones. Gingerbread (compiled and optimized for Tegra 2, as well as Flash) will make this little machine move faster than quicksilver. I mean it screams now for a smartphone. But with an optimized OS! Sheesh.
    -joe-
    I'm more concerned about AT&T - this is the first Android device they've put much effort into, but they better get us 2.3 (or 2.4) this summer.

Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    An Atrix Gingerbread dump is out in the wild now. The build date was in january.. Hopefully, it wont be much longer...

[DUMP] Olympus GRH55 2.3 Engineering build System Only - xda-developers

I wouldn't try to load it though..

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads