Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

[How To] Root Motorola Atrix 1 ALL Versions - Including STOCK/LOCKED 2.3.4/2.3.6

This is a discussion on [How To] Root Motorola Atrix 1 ALL Versions - Including STOCK/LOCKED 2.3.4/2.3.6 within the Motorola Atrix Hacks forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; It is not working for me for some reason. I have everything extracted to where its suppose to be and I enabled debugging before I ...

Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: [How To] Root Motorola Atrix 1 ALL Versions - Including STOCK/LOCKED 2.3.4/2.3.6

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    It is not working for me for some reason. I have everything extracted to where its suppose to be and I enabled debugging before I reset my phone (can't enable it when its in its fastboot mode). This is where I am at so far and any help would be great because I REALLY dislike MotoBlur.

C:\root>adb shell
    * daemon not running. starting it now *
    * daemon started successfully *
    error: device not found

C:\root>/preinstall/dosu
    The system cannot find the path specified.

EDIT: Should all of the commands listed in the outline be typed in through my PC or through Terminal Emulator??
    Last edited by kjhawkeye1; 07-23-2011 at 11:27 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Do anybody now how I could make this work with a mac?? I dont want to install the update for my phone till I know I can root it.
    "When I play rock/paper/scissors I always choose rock.Then when somebody claims to have beaten me with their paper I can punch them in the face with my already clenched fist and say Oh crap, I'm sorry I thought paper would protect you "

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    I new kenneth would chime in with root!

- Sam (tapped)
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhawkeye1 View Post
    It is not working for me for some reason. I have everything extracted to where its suppose to be and I enabled debugging before I reset my phone (can't enable it when its in its fastboot mode). This is where I am at so far and any help would be great because I REALLY dislike MotoBlur.

EDIT: Should all of the commands listed in the outline be typed in through my PC or through Terminal Emulator??
    The commands should be typed through the PC. Also, I got a similar response to my /preinstall/dosu input however it worked. I'm not sure the reponse I got for daemon however I don't think device not found was one of them. You should be running the phone through FastBoot which if I'm not mistaken should not allow you to access your phones Terminal Emulator, so if you've been doing it that way that could be your problem?

I'm not really qualified to give you any better help, I myself got help on the subject earlier however with help from the OP I was able to work through the process. I'm now in the process of seeing how to optimize my Atrix now that I have root.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Ok so do I need to be enabling usb debugging before I put it in fast boot or can I do it while its in fastboot??
    "When I play rock/paper/scissors I always choose rock.Then when somebody claims to have beaten me with their paper I can punch them in the face with my already clenched fist and say Oh crap, I'm sorry I thought paper would protect you "

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunchbox View Post
    Ok so do I need to be enabling usb debugging before I put it in fast boot or can I do it while its in fastboot??
    Before.

- Sam (tapped)
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by glacaci View Post
    The commands should be typed through the PC. Also, I got a similar response to my /preinstall/dosu input however it worked. I'm not sure the reponse I got for daemon however I don't think device not found was one of them. You should be running the phone through FastBoot which if I'm not mistaken should not allow you to access your phones Terminal Emulator, so if you've been doing it that way that could be your problem?

I'm not really qualified to give you any better help, I myself got help on the subject earlier however with help from the OP I was able to work through the process. I'm now in the process of seeing how to optimize my Atrix now that I have root.

I've been typing all of this in through my PC's Command Prompt, can't even access the phone's Terminal Emulator (which I have on the phone) when its in the Fastboot mode.

Wish there was a simple way to root like there was with GingerBreak. Download the app onto the SD card, tap it and you're rooted!

Still looking for help if anyone knows how to get this thing working. Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhawkeye1 View Post

I had the same problem, the commands are in scroll boxes, I didn't notice this at first and thus didn't execute the "fastboot reboot" command.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    ^ could be the culprit!

Member #
    Liked
    154 times
    At what point do I connect the Atrix to the PC?
    Do I leave the USB selection set to 'None'?
    Are all the typed commands done from the Command Prompt?
    Just want to make sure I do it right. Thanks for finding this, and putting it up for us s8nt!
    Last edited by ManDroid; 07-23-2011 at 02:55 PM. Reason: had to clean up the post....for some reason it didn't post as I had written it.

Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads