Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Titanium Back Up - What To Freeze? What to uninstall?

This is a discussion on Titanium Back Up - What To Freeze? What to uninstall? within the Motorola Atrix Hacks forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; So I recently rooted my phone and downloaded Titanium Back Up and noticed the freeze option and uninstall option. I'm wondering as I don't want ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Auxilium

Thread: Titanium Back Up - What To Freeze? What to uninstall?

Member #
    Twitter
    Auxilium1
    Liked
    90 times

Titanium Back Up - What To Freeze? What to uninstall?

So I recently rooted my phone and downloaded Titanium Back Up and noticed the freeze option and uninstall option. I'm wondering as I don't want to mess up my new lovely, amazing, fantastic, sexy, sleek, technologically superior Atrix 4G what I'm able to freeze which I'm guessing deactivates or puts the program/app into a type of hibernation. Also I know the phone has bloatware and also wondering what I'm able to uninstall without destroying my phone.

Any info or help on this would be greatly appreciated or if someone can redirect me to a thread that I overlooked would be great.

Thanks in advance.
    jacksoncmc835 likes this.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    You're definitely on the right track of mind. Free and not uninstall. It it can't be uninstalled from simply going to Settings > Applications > Manage applications, then if it's uninstalled it will break the next update.

There's a list on XDA, which I don't know if it's been updated since the 2.3.4 update (which added some new bloat/Blur stuff), of safe-to-freeze stuff. Let me see if I can grab a link.

Edit: So, it hasn't been updated lately, but here's the old list of apps that be frozen without herting the function of the phone: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=972459

Edit 2: Thanks to scarth for posting this in another thread; newer list (link to his post): New Blur junk in Task Manager (what is this?)
    Last edited by das8nt; 08-03-2011 at 10:53 AM.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Twitter
    Auxilium1
    Liked
    90 times
    Quote Originally Posted by das8nt View Post
    You're definitely on the right track of mind. Free and not uninstall. It it can't be uninstalled from simply going to Settings > Applications > Manage applications, then if it's uninstalled it will break the next update.

There's a list on XDA, which I don't know if it's been updated since the 2.3.4 update (which added some new bloat/Blur stuff), of safe-to-freeze stuff. Let me see if I can grab a link.

Edit: So, it hasn't been updated lately, but here's the old list of apps that be frozen without herting the function of the phone: [How to] Deal with Bloat Safely & Properly {Freeze Method/ROOT} | BIGGER LIST(S)! 3/1 - xda-developersEdit 2: Thanks to scarth for posting this in another thread; newer list (link to his post): New Blur junk in Task Manager (what is this?)
    Thanks for the two threads das. I get awesome battery life as it is, but things that have no use to me and are running in the background have no reason to suck up my battery.

Edit: The list in the xda forums I'm also going to give a try since I don't use anything from the list.

Thanks again
    Last edited by Auxilium; 08-03-2011 at 12:07 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Ya.... I only freeze apps.... much safer.
    You are not going to get much storage back by deleting anyway so why bother....
    Thanks,
    -OG-
    My Atrix Screens

RE: Fatherhood;
    "I didn't really think I'd get the job, I just wanted to fill out the application."
    - Nial Murray

Scottish heritage, conceived English & born Canadian.

Member #
    Twitter
    Auxilium1
    Liked
    90 times
    I froze quite a bit from the xda forums list and all from scraths list. So hopefully I will get more out of my battery, even though it was doing great battery wise anyway but like I said why have useless things sucking up your battery life.

Remove Ads

Ads