Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Atrix Bricked after Cyanogenmod Installation

This is a discussion on Atrix Bricked after Cyanogenmod Installation within the Motorola Atrix Hacks forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; Hey everyone, kinda new to the modding community here. I have had my Motorola Atrix since July and decided to try and root it earlier ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Atrix Bricked after Cyanogenmod Installation

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Atrix Bricked after Cyanogenmod Installation

Hey everyone, kinda new to the modding community here. I have had my Motorola Atrix since July and decided to try and root it earlier today. Rooting went fine, I then proceeded to install Cyanogenmod on it. I installed it, but I did not choose to wipe all the data (even though the instructions told me to...) My phone now won't boot. When I start it up, it just sticks on the screen with the red 'M' and says: Failed to boot 2. Starting RSD mode. I ahve tried flashing a stock .sbf file, but when I do that, RSD Lite tells me that it was unable to find initialization values or something like that. I can't use my phone right now and I do in fact realize it is because I chose not to follow directions and messed it up. I'm just hoping someone out there has some sort of solution. Oh and now when I plug my phone into my PC, it won't start up at all. The green light blinks, but it won't boot. It was booting earlier when I plugged it in, but now it won't even do that. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    Did you not unlock the bootloder and install CWM?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    Sounds like your battery has died. You'll have to get the battery charged somehow. Maybe just take it to an AT&T store (dont divulge any info to them about your dilema, just say your charger died and heard they had a standalone battery charger so you just brought the battery and left your phone.

If you can get your battery charged, boot into fastboot and type this:
    fastboot -w
    fastboot erase boot

then try to re-flash the SBF - just make SURE that its a gingerbread SBF if you've had gingerbread installed previous to attempting to flash CM7.

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    What do you mean by unlocking the bootloader? And as for the battery, it is telling me that it is too low to flash now, but it was able to boot when I plugged it into a wall outlet, just not my PC. I can't even get into fastboot, it is only letting me get into either RSD mode or Fastboot Protocol Support.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ghoststar479 View Post
    What do you mean by unlocking the bootloader? And as for the battery, it is telling me that it is too low to flash now, but it was able to boot when I plugged it into a wall outlet, just not my PC. I can't even get into fastboot, it is only letting me get into either RSD mode or Fastboot Protocol Support.
    Before you started installing a custom ROM you should've read the first post in this forum named "[TUT]Unlocking Bootloader and Installing Custom ROMs" so you can know how to unlock your bootloader in order to install Cyanogenmod or any other custom ROM. The first day I had my Atrix I got bold and did the same thing as you. You've got to charge that battery back up, boot into RSD mode and flash the stock SBF back, it's the only thing that saved mine. Then go unlock your bootloader, you'll also have to re-root.
    thekooliest likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    New owners of either the original Atrix or the Atrix 2 have got to read-up on the correct way to do an installation before they attempt to root their phones. Both phones contain locked bootloaders and physically rooting their phones is only one part (the second part) of the process of allowing the installation of a custom rom. The forum staff has tried to make this clear to all new members, but it bears repeating: Before you attempt to install any form of custom software on your phone, read every available article you can find on the subject so you know what is needed and the risks involved.

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    New owners of either the original Atrix or the Atrix 2 have got to read-up on the correct way to do an installation before they attempt to root their phones. Both phones contain locked bootloaders and physically rooting their phones is only one part (the second part) of the process of allowing the installation of a custom rom. The forum staff has tried to make this clear to all new members, but it bears repeating: Before you attempt to install any form of custom software on your phone, read every available article you can find on the subject so you know what is needed and the risks involved. -Mike
    I came in guns blazing knowing enough about Android and nothing about a locked bootloader. You've gotta be prepared, the Atrix is a great machine when you get it the way you want it... especially with Order & Chaos at 99

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ah, so my ignorance has gotten the best of me twice then... So how am I supposed to charge my battery then? It won't charge when I plug it into the wall and the AT&T store said that they didn't have a stand alone battery charger. Is there any hope or should I just go get a new phone?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ghoststar479 View Post
    Ah, so my ignorance has gotten the best of me twice then... So how am I supposed to charge my battery then? It won't charge when I plug it into the wall and the AT&T store said that they didn't have a stand alone battery charger. Is there any hope or should I just go get a new phone?
    The problem is, who will pay for the new phone? Motorola or your service provider? You were the one who messed-up, so sadly YOU are the one who needs to fix the problem. If you work with our Rescue Squad, you can probably get the phone fixed quickly and with no need to buy a new phone.

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    Take your battery to a dealer and hanger have them charge it or if you have a friend with an attrix. Then when it's fully charged, unlock bootloader, install ronracers cmw, install rom

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads