Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Atrix stuck in boot screen loop after (apparently) successful flash

This is a discussion on Atrix stuck in boot screen loop after (apparently) successful flash within the Motorola Atrix Hacks forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; Try booting into fastboot. And the same way you used command prompt to unlock and flash rom racer try this command: fastboot -w fastboot reboot ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Atrix stuck in boot screen loop after (apparently) successful flash

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Try booting into fastboot. And the same way you used command prompt to unlock and flash rom racer try this command:
    fastboot -w
    fastboot reboot

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    No, sorry, that didn't do it... after wiping with the command prompt i tried to reboot, still got stuck on the M animation. pulled the battery and did a hard reset and it still did the same thing...

-Jim

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lickadiddle View Post
    No, sorry, that didn't do it... after wiping with the command prompt i tried to reboot, still got stuck on the M animation. pulled the battery and did a hard reset and it still did the same thing...

-Jim
    Try fixing permissions in cwm>advanced. Also wipe cache and dalvik cache(advanced)

- Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    what exactly do you mean by fixing permissions? (sorry)

-Jim

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    There should be a fix permissions options. If you open CWM (Android Recovery), I believe it is in with Advanced. The phone still says unlocked at the top when booting right?
    - Sam

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Fixing permissions didn't do the trick. And I wiped the cache and dalvik after flashing the ROM, so no dice on that as well...
    :-/

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    482 times
    If you simply want to erase the Recovery and Re-Flash the version you want to have on your device - use this command from fastboot:

fastboot erase recovery
    fastboot flash recovery <name of recovery.img>
    fastboot reboot

Then go into your Recovery and go through the menus there. There should be an option for 'fix permissions' that I believe is in the advanced menu.

If this doesnt work - try a factory reset. Then re-load which ever ROM you decide you want to use and try to Re-Flash from CWM again.

What I would do if this were my device:

I would completely wipe EVERYTHING but my SD Card.

fastboot erase data
    fastboot erase system
    fastboot erase webtop
    fastboot erase boot
    fastboot -w
    fastboot reboot

Once it starts to reboot - hold the power and vol - key to bring up 'fastboot' once again, and scroll down to Recovery and enter CWM. From there wipe BOTH Caches (just to be sure) and then try Re-Flashing your ROM once again. This should work. This is the procedure I use every time I flash something new, and it's never failed me before
    Last edited by G-Man; 11-03-2011 at 09:31 AM.
    UltraDroid likes this.

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Okay, that sounds like a good game plan. A few questions before I do it though:

1) I did in fact erase the previous recovery and install rom racers CWM when I unlocked my bootloader (which is still unlocked btw) here is the question before I go any further: What version of CWM SHOULD I have? I currently have RomRacers, but I'll use whichever, just so long as it works.

2) I was under the impression that ALL my data would be lost off the phone (not the external SD card) when I flashed anyway, so I already have everything backed up on my computer or external SD. SO, question: If I perform that second set of 6 fastboot commands from g-man's last post, that will TOTALLY wipe my phone? Or should I do a factory reset first, then do the fastboot commands? I'm totally willing to do a total nuke :-) I just want to know how to properly go about it!

Also,
    3)Will the factory reset or the 6 fastboot commands erase my external SD card? (Just making sure b/c that isn't 100% backed up, so I would want to do that first)

Again, thanks for all the help you all! I really appreciate the dedication to helping a total stranger!!

-Jim

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    None of the commands will erase sd data (internal or external). The data that is lost is application data and other system information not hard files that the 'typical' user can access like pictures and music. Rom racers is the current preferred cwm

- Sam

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Sam-

Good to know! So, just to clarify, should I perform a factory reset THEN use fastboot to wipe all that shtuff? Or will the 6 fastboot commands alone do the trick?

Thanks

-Jim

Ads