Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

[SCRIPT] Recover From a Soft Brick

This is a discussion on [SCRIPT] Recover From a Soft Brick within the Motorola Atrix Hacks forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; Mod-Edit: 9/7/2011 - Depreciated. No longer available. Leaving up for info purposes only. norcal einstein over at XDA has developed a script to help you ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: [SCRIPT] Recover From a Soft Brick

  1. #1
    Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    11,157
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times

    [SCRIPT] Recover From a Soft Brick

    Mod-Edit: 9/7/2011 - Depreciated. No longer available. Leaving up for info purposes only.

    norcal einstein over at XDA has developed a script to help you recover from a soft bricked phone. Hopefully you will not ever need this, but if you do then it's there.

    This will not return you to 'stock,' will not unroot your device and will not recover you from a more serious problem than a 'soft brick.' If you're not familiar with those terms then you probably won't need this.

    I am linking to his original post so that any new information or instructions will always be present. He also hosts the download file there.

    You can find his post HERE. (outside link to XDA)
    Last edited by das8nt; 09-07-2011 at 05:47 PM.
    Jeff and UltraDroid like this.

    AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

  2. #2
    Member
    Member #
    501
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Allen, TX
    Posts
    39
    Liked
    2 times
    You'll probably save many people from destroying a recoverable phone through rage.

    Props +like.

  3. #3
    Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    11,157
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    You'll probably save many people from destroying a recoverable phone through rage.

    Props +like.
    Lol! Hopefully..

    Thanks! Just passing on the hard work and knowledge of others...

    AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

  4. #4
    Member
    Member #
    333
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    91
    Liked
    1 times
    great to know all us dangerous people willing to try roms and rooting have some kind of saftery net

  5. #5
    Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    11,157
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gtzkingplaya View Post
    great to know all us dangerous people willing to try roms and rooting have some kind of saftery net
    True... just remember it a very thin net for the moment.

    Still waiting on an SBF that might not come. It seems that Moto is keeping this one close to the vest.

    AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Member #
    6242
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9
    Liked
    0 times
    i need that script! the link does not contain the download link also i hard reset my phone thinking that would solve the issue can anyone please help me !

  7. #7
    Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    11,157
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by satut View Post
    i need that script! the link does not contain the download link also i hard reset my phone thinking that would solve the issue can anyone please help me !
    Sorry, this method is long outdated.

    What is the problem you are having?

    How did it get this way?

    What all have you tried besides the hard reset (battery pull or factory data reset?)?

    What carrier/build are you on?


    Sent via 2.3.4 Rooted Moto Atrix using Tapatalk

    AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Member #
    6242
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by das8nt View Post
    Sorry, this method is long outdated.

    What is the problem you are having?

    How did it get this way?

    What all have you tried besides the hard reset (battery pull or factory data reset?)?

    What carrier/build are you on?


    Sent via 2.3.4 Rooted Moto Atrix using Tapatalk
    My phone gets stuck on the motorola icon and then the the led starts blinking red
    tried nothing i do not kno what do. all i kno is that this is called a soft brick and is easily fixable can you help me out point me in the right direction ?

    i was trying to put the cherry blur rom on my phone forgot to remove the gingerblur and do not know exactly how to do that anyway. nowin soft brick
    Last edited by satut; 08-17-2011 at 10:55 PM.

  9. #9
    Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    11,157
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by satut View Post
    My phone gets stuck on the motorola icon and then the the led starts blinking red
    tried nothing i do not kno what do. all i kno is that this is called a soft brick and is easily fixable can you help me out point me in the right direction ?

    i was trying to put the cherry blur rom on my phone forgot to remove the gingerblur and do not know exactly how to do that anyway. nowin soft brick
    You will probably have to flash a full SBF file with RSD Lite to overwrite your phone and get back to operational.

    Which Atrix version do you have? (AT&T, Bell, other?) and have you ever installed an official Gingerbread update?

    Sent via 2.3.4 Rooted Moto Atrix using Tapatalk

    AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Member #
    6242
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9
    Liked
    0 times
    i figured it out used the rsd lite method... can anyone point me in the right direction on how to install newer roms like alien or cherry. i jus flashed back to stock atrix and just rooted it but not sure how to install these new roms. when i first installed gingerblur i put the zip file on my sd and booted to recovery and installed the zip from sd. when i try to do the same with cherryblur it soft bricks on me


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

atrix 2 brick fix
,
atrix 2 soft brick fix
,
atrix 2 soft brick recovery
,
atrix 4g soft brick
,
atrix hd soft bricked
,

atrix soft brick

,

atrix soft brick recovery

,
fix atrix 2 soft brick
,
how to fix soft bricked atrix 4g
,
how to solve soft brick of motorola atrix 4g
,
if i return a bricked phone will motorola know?
,

motorola atrix soft brick recovery

,
motorola soft brick fix toolkit for atrix2
,
soft bricked atrix 2
,
zip file to restore atrix hd from soft brick
Click on a term to search for related topics.