Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Best Webtop hacks for the laptop dock (Atrix 1)

This is a discussion on Best Webtop hacks for the laptop dock (Atrix 1) within the Motorola Atrix Hacks forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; I just purchased a refurb laptop dock from AT&T since they put them on sale, I've had my Atrix for about 6 months, have never ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Best Webtop hacks for the laptop dock (Atrix 1)

I just purchased a refurb laptop dock from AT&T since they put them on sale, I've had my Atrix for about 6 months, have never used webtop, but from what I've read, there seem to be a lot of hacks for it to improve it. I also ordered a 32GB PNY class 10 micro SD card to go along with it. My goal is to use this for work, 90% of what I do is from a web browser anyway, I work at a computer repair shop, and I basically use my current laptop to look up parts, google fixes, that kind of thing.

I rooted my phone a few months ago, but I havent done anything with it otherwise, I just use the stock firmware, buy apps from the store and whatnot, I havent seen much of a use to hack my phone otherwise, but I want to be able to use the laptop dock to its full potential.

So the main question I have, is there anything better out there for what I'm doing, other than installing Ubuntu using webtop2sd? How well does that run? I havent been able to pick up much information on the webtop stuff that shows the practibility or usage of it. So if I were to install ubuntu, would it run just like any other ubuntu, could I install any apps that I wanted?

Also, just out of curiosity, can you run Windows XP in a virtual machine on the webtop?

Thank you

Ads