Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Help with a little problem

This is a discussion on Help with a little problem within the Motorola Atrix Hacks forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; Did you remember to wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache before flashing the ROM? Sent from my MB860 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    Did you remember to wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache before flashing the ROM?

Sent from my MB860 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey every one,
    I am fairly new to the Atrix and have not done near enough studies on the critter,and now it keebs rebooting, I have not rooted or made any alterations besides installing some ODB2 apps, but this problem has been hitting me on and off for a few months before I installed the above. However now my poor phone is becomming almost unusable, rebooting adter about 30 seconds to 3 min, it is getting worse and worse, and frustrating the heck out of myself and all who wish to get in touch with me.
    Has anyone had this issue or heard of it, and if so can you help a smart phone newbie?
    Thanks to all for reading this and Have a great day

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Hello Tigra, and welcome to Atrix Forums! We are delighted to have you on board as a member!

I can't really help you with the problem, not being a technician, but we have an outstanding group of guys known as the Rescue Squad, and they are the best around at solving problems, so hang on for awhile and one of them will swing by and give you a hand.

Is your phone the original Atrix 1 or the newer Atrix 2?
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigra View Post
    Hey every one,
    I am fairly new to the Atrix and have not done near enough studies on the critter,and now it keebs rebooting, I have not rooted or made any alterations besides installing some ODB2 apps, but this problem has been hitting me on and off for a few months before I installed the above. However now my poor phone is becomming almost unusable, rebooting adter about 30 seconds to 3 min, it is getting worse and worse, and frustrating the heck out of myself and all who wish to get in touch with me.
    Has anyone had this issue or heard of it, and if so can you help a smart phone newbie?
    Thanks to all for reading this and Have a great day
    Have you tried a factory data reset yet?

Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    In answer to both replies :P
    a) It is an Atrix 1, I forgot that in the post
    b) Not yet, I am going to try that soon I guess, Can I ask the easy way to make a backup?
    Also as an aside, this is my second Atrix, the first had a totally unplanned screen explosion, but since the replacement the cloud technology has not worked, I add a new ph number and it does not show in my google contacts
    As to the factory reset, I will do so as soon as I can make sure all my data is safe
    Thanks Guys for the fast response!! and for your time

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about you data. At least as far as applications and such. You music, pictures, and files can be moved to your external SD card if you have one. Just make sure to leave it unchecked when going thru the reset process.

As for your apps, you will lose everything. But the Android market or *Google Play* now, stores everything you ever downloaded to the phone. So all you have to do is go you the market (play lol) and log on on a PC. Once there, just go to your apps and download them from there, is a lot easier. The only downfall here is that any settings or configurations will not be saved out transferred.

Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Guys,
    I will do the reset tomorrow and get back to youm at this moment I am fighting with the darned thing, trying to get it to finish a reboot and remain stable for more than 10 seconds, considering 10 pounds of thermite to fix the problem for good! Or pulling out my old razor and dropping the data plan, sigh, but I really want the data, so soon as the silly machine decides to be nice and let me get into it's brain, I will reformat, lucky for me there is little to lose, I just remembered that all I really moved to the phone that is not in the market is my book collection, and that will only take one click and some time to restore
    Thanks again guys!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Good luck Tigra - let us know how it works out for you.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Member #
    Twitter
    Mr_Smart_Lover
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RobKort View Post
    Did you remember to wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache before flashing the ROM?Sent from my MB860 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk
    I did wipe the data and cache, also the rom said it was wiping the data and cache also. Now I'm not sure if the calvin cache got wiped.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    Once you boot into recovery is under advance/ wipe dalvik cache.
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads