Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Bootlooped (I think)

This is a discussion on Bootlooped (I think) within the Motorola Atrix Hacks forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; I think my Atrix is "bootlooped", but all the references I find show it can get into fastboot or recovery. I can't...so to recap where ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By das8nt

Thread: Bootlooped (I think)

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Bootlooped (I think)

I think my Atrix is "bootlooped", but all the references I find show it can get into fastboot or recovery. I can't...so to recap where I was and what I did:
    I was running Neutrino's 2.6 GT and was running great...went to upgrade to 2.8 GT and most of the addons and still, all was well. I found I missed the "default camera" addon, and went to add it, it seemed to go well, but when I went to reboot, my Atrix would get to the Moto logo and go black and then, reboot (hence, the "bootloop". I can catch the fastboot menu and select fastboot, recovery, or whatever option, and, for example, if I select fastboot, it says "starting fastboot protocol support" and locks up. Or, I choose android recovery, it says "entering android recovery mode" then the screen goes blank and locks up (I've gone 20+ minutes to be sure).
    Any ideas on how to recover?
    Thanks in advance! (I have posted this over at XDA too)

BTW, I am trying RSDLite, but can't get it to install on my laptop (i3, win7-64).

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    The "starting fastboot protocol" message is correct. That's when you plug in the USB to your PC (that hopefully already has the ADB/fastboot package), open a command prompt in the same folder as the ADB/fastboot files, and give the commands.

I would try first to erase the recovery (fastboot erase recovery), then flash a new recovery (grab one of romracer's from XDA, be sure to get an img, not the CWM installable zip) (fastboot flash recovery nameofrecoveryfile.img). Then try rebooting into recovery and wipe and reinstall everything.

RSD is also an option. What error is it giving when you try to install it? Have you tried installing as an Administrator? (hold Shift and right-click the install file, then choose Run as Admin..)
    BigBlackAv likes this.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    That was it...YOU are my new hero! Thank you! I'm gonna try again tonight!

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlackAv View Post
    That was it...YOU are my new hero! Thank you! I'm gonna try again tonight!
    Great! Hopefully it works out.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Remove Ads

Ads