Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

"Proper carrier .sbf flash verification for Str8talk"

This is a discussion on "Proper carrier .sbf flash verification for Str8talk" within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Hey yall, So i attempted to sbf flash my phone, and everything went fine except one thing... it didn't do anything to my phone, nothing ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Lungbender
  • 1 Post By Lungbender

Thread: "Proper carrier .sbf flash verification for Str8talk"

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

"Proper carrier .sbf flash verification for Str8talk"

Hey yall,

So i attempted to sbf flash my phone, and everything went fine except one thing... it didn't do anything to my phone, nothing saying unlocked on boot up screen, noda! So Lungbender was saying it could be because my carrier is Straight talk through wall-mart? Even though they run off of at&ts towers and net work? Anybody have any suggestions for me? the only reason for me to unlock the phone is because my I have the pledge of the 'WIFI Error" and I have to use speaker phone almost all the time now because the normal hearing speaker works sometimes and not others. I also have issues when plugging in head phones... have to hold it completely still or it will call the last person i dialed?!! what the???!! So any help would be much appreciated! Thanks for reading!

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    I recommend the rubber-headed type mallet, like those used by finish carpenters, for this type of fix. Reinstall sbf by (1)placing phone on a flat surface(a sturdy table or the floor will do), (2)raising mallet 4 to 5 feet above phone, (3)then apply severe bludgeoning force(sbf) directly to touchscreen. If done correctly, I guarantee that you will have full administrative access to all of your phone's internals*. You can now "boot" any "load" directly into the recycle bin.
    *May void warranty
    *May cause drowsiness, do not attempt while driving or operating heavy machinery
    *May cause fines or imprisonment; Always check with your provider for permission(you bought it, but they own it) before you attempt any new procedure.
    Horselovergal likes this.
    ""From my cold, dead hands!"

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    p.s. Also compatible with Apple products, including the new iPhone 5!!!
    Horselovergal likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    while waiting for a reply from rescue Scud
    I have just spent the last few hours reading the WiFi error problem posts from the official Motorola forum. I read every single post on all 19 pages. It seems that Motorola is trying to say this is a issue only if the product is dropped in some way or form. But for some reason it seems to have started right after the update.. very odd i think. And in my case it didn't happen till quite sometime after the update for me, everything was great and one day the Wifi just would not connect and the dreaded error would appear, and then the blue tooth does nothing when clicked on. I am also having problems hearing people on the hand set, i have to use speaker phone in order to hear anything. Also the head phone jack only works sometimes if i wiggle it around just right, if its moved at all it will try to activate valingo, or dial the last person on my phone list i called. So no wifi, or blue tooth, cant talk on the phone normally, and i cant even listen to music with head phones with it. I see this as pretty dang useless now. This saddens me to say because i truly loved every part of this phone, and have reccomended it to everyone i know, my boyfriend bought one about 4 months ago, his has yet to show sights of things going wrong, but the new up date just came out and i am actually scared to do it because of bad reviews on this Atrix and the Motorola forums. My phone is out of warranty by a few months... could there possibly be a way of getting this phone replaced or repaired without charge? or shall i just sell it to someone else and buy a different brand of phone? I think that is the way i may have to take if motorola will do nothing for me... And for some reason when i tried to unlock the bootloader it went through fine but nothing happened on the phone... please help!!! I need my phone back

Remove Ads

Ads