Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

February 2013 OTA Update

This is a discussion on February 2013 OTA Update within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; The only thing I can think of is to follow the instructions in the thread bellow but for it to work you will need the ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: February 2013 OTA Update

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times

Re: February 2013 OTA Update

The only thing I can think of is to follow the instructions in the thread bellow but for it to work you will need the sbf of the current ROM since you tried to flash it already. I don't think there's one out there yet so you might have to wait a while.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=23222139

.........TPT'd From my SGS3
    Last edited by RobKort; 02-17-2013 at 02:46 PM.
    lusheando and Condor97 like this.
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RobKort View Post
    The only thing I can think of is to follow the instructions in the thread bellow but for it to work you will need the sbf of the current ROM since you tried to flash it already. I don't think there's one out there yet do you might have to wait a while.

[GUIDE] fix *failed to boot 1* after flashing 4.5.91 SBF onto 4.5.141 OTA - 03/3/2012 - xda-developers

Alright , so that should prevent RSDlite from failing then, right? I'll wait until someone uploads it. I might just try to get it replaced. It was AT&Ts fault after all. I'll let you guys know if this works. THanks!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times

Re: February 2013 OTA Update

It should work as long as we have the sbf which is not available ATM. You might be the first to try it though....

Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RobKort View Post
    It should work as long as we have the sbf which is not available ATM. You might be the first to try it though....

Alright, sounds good. Ill try to look for it and post it here when I find it.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Basically bricked as well

Hi there fellow friends with a now unusable Atrix.

I also did the February OTA on my Rooted but otherwise unmodded Atrix and am experiencing the exact same issue. Boots all the way up, runs about a minute then crashes and says "failed boot 2" then tries some RSD mode that I haven't seen before.

Recovery, no go.

Actual RSD mode, no go.

Fastboot works, but alot of good that does us with a locked down boot loader.

Post here if you get anywhere with ATT or motorola about fixing it, as it is their fault.

Luckily I have a Huawei Fusion 2 as a backup, otherwise I would be without phone.

Due to Google/Motorola discontinuing all support for our phones and webtop, plus this insult I do believe that I will never own another Motorola device again.

And does anyone else find it rather interesting that this happened almost exactly two years after launch? I feel great in my investment of phone and laptop dock. I used the laptop to do most of my job until recently. Now I have two very expensive paper weights. Luckily I bought an ultrabook to do most of my job from now.

Thank you ATT, Motorola and Google, Samsung will now have my business... or (gasp)... Apple...

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smulvenon View Post
    Hi there fellow friends with a now unusable Atrix.

I also did the February OTA on my Rooted but otherwise unmodded Atrix and am experiencing the exact same issue. Boots all the way up, runs about a minute then crashes and says "failed boot 2" then tries some RSD mode that I haven't seen before.

Recovery, no go.

Actual RSD mode, no go.

Fastboot works, but alot of good that does us with a locked down boot loader.

Post here if you get anywhere with ATT or motorola about fixing it, as it is their fault.

Luckily I have a Huawei Fusion 2 as a backup, otherwise I would be without phone.

Due to Google/Motorola discontinuing all support for our phones and webtop, plus this insult I do believe that I will never own another Motorola device again.

And does anyone else find it rather interesting that this happened almost exactly two years after launch? I feel great in my investment of phone and laptop dock. I used the laptop to do most of my job until recently. Now I have two very expensive paper weights. Luckily I bought an ultrabook to do most of my job from now.

Thank you ATT, Motorola and Google, Samsung will now have my business... or (gasp)... Apple...
    I guess that moto and ATT will offer us a new contract, "cheap" upgrade or that $75 repair fee. Its definitely an attempt at making us buy a new phone. I mean, moto even discontinued the lapdock. And yea, EXACTLY two years after launch? Im going to try to get it replaced (probably not gonna happen) or just wait for someone to upload the SBF and try to flash it. If that does not work either, my upgrade will go towards an HTC or Samsung phone. Although the Google X Phone is tempting.

So if anyone locates the SBF, post it here please.

Dont buy an Iphone!
    emtking likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hello all, So I have posted a few other threads regarding my wifi error, and no blue tooth connection, and other problems i am having. I went directly to calling AT&T and they said do a reboot to stock, so i did, still not working, tried to flash RSD lite to unlock so i could go about fixing it that way but, got the boot complete sign please disconnect and reboot, which did absolutely nothing, because i'm not inlocked. So now this new update is available and i'm worried i wont have a working phone at all if i do it..... What shall a gal do with this phone, I really do love it, but its had so many problems, i just want my phone back to normal!! Please help.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    Horselovergal....I have read your other posts and I don't have an answer for you. However, I would say that if you accept this update, it would be a guaranteed locked bootloader. It may not be a bad option if your bootloader is already locked, but I would make sure of that first. I hope that you are able to resolve the issue.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I really don't think the update will help me at all, since they only say it fixes gps, and maps signal, not what im having problems with.. has anyone with a stock ops not unlocked or rooted, tried the update and gotten a phone that will not function properly? Does anyone think it will help my situation?

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Horselovergal View Post
    I really don't think the update will help me at all, since they only say it fixes gps, and maps signal, not what im having problems with.. has anyone with a stock ops not unlocked or rooted, tried the update and gotten a phone that will not function properly? Does anyone think it will help my situation?
    Search before dude, a lot of people with a stock 4G that updated are in the same situation. Theres already threads about this both here and over at XDA. ATT screwed us with this update. I would say dont update and try RSDlite. I had a similar issue before I rooted and flashing solved it for a few months. When it started again,I decided to root. The issue stopped completely. Dont ask me why, I just know that it worked somehow. So my advice would be to try flashing , THEN root(if its still glitchy after flashing).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads