Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

February 2013 OTA Update

This is a discussion on February 2013 OTA Update within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; @lusheando- Ya iv read it other places also, that its even happening on stock 4g, crazy man, its like they want o brake our phones ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: February 2013 OTA Update

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    @lusheando- Ya iv read it other places also, that its even happening on stock 4g, crazy man, its like they want o brake our phones so we have to buy new ones!! but i did try to unlock the boot loader, and everything went fine except for the last step didn't say passed it said, complete please disconnect and reboot manually Which that instructions said it might do, so i did. but after re starting there was no difference, and it did not say unlocked upon start up. I even tryed it a second time, and it did the same thing.
    Last edited by UltraDroid; 02-21-2013 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Removed S-Bomb from post
    lusheando likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    So does anyone have any ideas?
    I can't get into RSD Protocol. Only fastboot, but my bootloader is locked.
    Tried flashing the OTA.zip and that didn't work because of this.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Is it possible to unlock the bootloader and install CWM through fastboot to flash a different ROM?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    If you have the most recent OS update (taking your phone to Android 2.3.6) then your bootloader is locked out and you cannot load a custom ROM. I have not seen anywhere that has broken this yet. It appears that most people have given up on the atrix.

What a shame that a phone which still holds its own against the current set of newer phones has been abandoned to the waste pile. A flagship 2 years old and in the scrap bucket.

Dual core 1ghz tegra 2
    1gb RAM
    16gb storage
    4g connectivity
    Full laptop abilities

What is out there now is not all that much better.

And to think I spent $500 to get phone and laptop dock launch week, only to be snubbed two years later.

Here is an update we require for your phone, good news! You have to get a new phone now.

I will continue to work to see if I can crack this, but I have little hope for any of us to regain functionality with our phones.

I will have the Galaxy S4 when it comes out, at least Samsung will provide support for their products as they get older. My friend with a Galaxy s(1) still gets good support and relations from them.
    lusheando likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    AND FINGERPRINT SENSOR!! lol I know, I'm probably going to get the HTC One since my upgrade is on March 23rd. It's a shame really. I wonder what I'm gonna do with the lapdock. What phone would you recommend apart from the SIV and One? The Xperia Z was my first choice but its probably not coming to the US until Q2 or Q3. Same with the Moto Xphone So any other good choices out there?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    This update destroyed my phone as well. Luckily I had already switched to Verizon a few weeks earlier. Razr Maxx HD does not have the glitches the Atrix had. I can't believe how promising the Atrix was 2 years ago and how it never got past half-baked status with AT&T. What a waste.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    The blame may lie more with Motorola than with AT&T.
    lusheando likes this.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Thank you for posting this information, that way people who have stock phones can avoid the Feb. update that will brick the phone.

As for me, I guess im lucky because I didnt update my phone, lol. I'm still on the previous release. I usually wait for people to update and read the forums before doing it myself. That way Ill know if the update is good or bad. With companies releasing horrible patches on launch or afterwards, its always good to play safe these days on updates.

- U

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by useful View Post
    Thank you for posting this information, that way people who have stock phones can avoid the Feb. update that will brick the phone.As for me, I guess im lucky because I didnt update my phone, lol. I'm still on the previous release. I usually wait for people to update and read the forums before doing it myself. That way Ill know if the update is good or bad. With companies releasing horrible patches on launch or afterwards, its always good to play safe these days on updates. - U
    No prob but maybe someone ought to sticky a warning telling people not to update? And yea it's def. Moto's fault along with Google's. I guess they want to start focusing on their own new line of products instead of the old moto ones. Which would imply pushing a mediocre update. So, after two years: Gingerbread was rolled out way too late since it should have been launched with it, then theICS bait and switch and now THIS? Sorry but HTC and Samsung do not do these kind of things. I'm sorry for the truly innovative engineersthat created the Atrix 4G , but their employer has some messed up business models.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Horselover, where U been? Your phone is still not working? I've been waiting to hear from you. I haven't updated mine, & am not going to. Have you been on messenger? I'd assumed that maybe you'd gotten it working again.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads