Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

February 2013 OTA Update

This is a discussion on February 2013 OTA Update within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Edit - delete...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: February 2013 OTA Update

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    Edit - delete
    Last edited by G-Man; 03-24-2013 at 01:21 AM.
    Condor97 likes this.

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I just sent my Atrix in for a repair. It had been out of warranty for at least 6 months, but I decided to send the receipt just in case. I filled out a form on Moto's website and shipped it. 5 days later , I had a replacement, brand new Atrix in my hands. It was free, no questions asked. Get on it guys.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lusheando View Post
    I guess that moto and ATT will offer us a new contract, "cheap" upgrade or that $75 repair fee. Its definitely an attempt at making us buy a new phone. I mean, moto even discontinued the lapdock. And yea, EXACTLY two years after launch? Im going to try to get it replaced (probably not gonna happen) or just wait for someone to upload the SBF and try to flash it. If that does not work either, my upgrade will go towards an HTC or Samsung phone. Although the Google X Phone is tempting.

So if anyone locates the SBF, post it here please.

Dont buy an Iphone!
    New here. My unrooted, unmodded Atrix worked just fine until the 4.5.145.mb860.att.en.usOTA update. Started hanging and having a horrible touch screen to action delay and today got the "emergency cool down mode" warning. NEVER had overheating problem before. Was sooo hot had to take battery out and tape in front of car A/C. Really thought it might burn me. Was on chat with ATT for over 2 hours today. Did Master Reset with them. Still lagging and hanging. ATT sent me to talk to Moto. Described the problem in detail in Moto chat. Got reference number and phone number for Level 2 support. Was told instantly that I would need to speak with someone in person about this issue. Mentioned in chat that I just wanted this very expensive phone to last until August so I could get the Moto X phone with my upgrade and not burn it now because of tech difficulties. Also mentioned that I did not really want to go over to Verizon or Samsung as a result of this update basically disabling my less than two year old phone. And yes, just as mentioned here, EXACTLY as I am eligible for an upgrade???? Can anyone say planned obsolescence??? $600 phone that lasts 18 months? It should be up to me when to replace my phone, not them.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by useful View Post
    Thank you for posting this information, that way people who have stock phones can avoid the Feb. update that will brick the phone.

As for me, I guess im lucky because I didnt update my phone, lol. I'm still on the previous release. I usually wait for people to update and read the forums before doing it myself. That way Ill know if the update is good or bad. With companies releasing horrible patches on launch or afterwards, its always good to play safe these days on updates.

- U
    Btw, I have an unrooted, unmodded stock Atrix 4G. Just got consistently worse since that 2.3.6 update. Do NOT update yours. I just read on the Moto website that once you do that upgrade you cannot revert to old version. Have phone appt with Moto on Monday when Level 2 tech line opens back up. Google just bought them, so they have plenty $$ to make this right. I think they will. Goog definitely doesn't want to lose any more market share to Samsung and might actually want to take some away from them with X phone. I just need this Atrix to last 4 more months. What a shame.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by emtking View Post
    Btw, I have an unrooted, unmodded stock Atrix 4G. Just got consistently worse since that 2.3.6 update. Do NOT update yours. I just read on the Moto website that once you do that upgrade you cannot revert to old version. Have phone appt with Moto on Monday when Level 2 tech line opens back up. Google just bought them, so they have plenty $$ to make this right. I think they will. Goog definitely doesn't want to lose any more market share to Samsung and might actually want to take some away from them with X phone. I just need this Atrix to last 4 more months. What a shame.
    Hey, I know how you feel. I had to use my old Samsung eternity from February to April because of that stupid update, until I decided to try and get it fixed by moto. They did not charge me anything and sent me a new phone less than a week later. No questions asked. My phone was out of warranty and even rooted and they didn't care. I'd recommend doing that if that appt turns out useless. Good luck.
    Last edited by lusheando; 05-05-2013 at 10:42 AM.
    smulvenon likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Whammy!

Looks like Motorola is willing to take responsiblity for their screw up. Contact their support, get up to level two, do their dance until they say that it will cost you to get the phone "repaired" ask to speak to supervisor, manager or someone with authority (be nice to support guys, its not their fault the company policies are stupid). The manager/supervisor can approve the waiving of the repair fee. Let them know that this update was not optional, that Motorola needs to take care of their customers if they want future business, and that it isn't your fault the phone bricked itself by applying their update, which was untested and unreliable.

Looks like Motorola will stand up and do the right thing.

I am sending my phone out today. I will let you know if it actually gets fixed when it gets back!

-Sean

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have a motorola atrix 4g atnt unlocked for any sim tried to root the same ended in brick dont know whether it is a soft or hard brick

error msg- SVF message: 105:1:2

System version 4.5.145.MB860.ATT.en.US
    Model number MB860
    Android Version 2.3.6
    Baseband version N_01.77.38P
    Webtop version WT-1.2.0-110_OLY-6
    Kernel version 2.6.32.9 hudsoncm@lnxdriod48#2
    Build number 4.5.1A-129_OLY-145

someone please help

Regards,

Praarav

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    Hi Praarav, I have read your other posts, and am a little unclear as to what your situation is. I noticed one of your posts was in the Atrix 2 section. You say that you tried to root, how did you try to root your phone? It would be helpful to the R.S. guys if you were a little more clear as to what you have done to your phone and what exactly your phone is doing. Also if you could keep your posts in one thread that would be appreciated as well. Thanks, and welcome.
    UltraDroid likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

Ads