Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

February 2013 OTA Update

This is a discussion on February 2013 OTA Update within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Hey guys I have a real problem here. I have an Atrix 4G, Rooted. I downloaded and installed the OTA update today over WiFi and ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: February 2013 OTA Update

Member #
    Liked
    8 times

Exclamation February 2013 OTA Update

Hey guys I have a real problem here. I have an Atrix 4G, Rooted. I downloaded and installed the OTA update today over WiFi and now whenever I turn it on, it shuts down after about 1 minute. It boots normally, and it gets past the AT&T screen and I can unlock the screen. I think its the 4.5.145.MB860.ATT.en.US update, the one that was supposed to enhance the accuracy of the GPS and so forth. I assume that an RSD flash is the answer but I don't know so I figure I'd ask here before doing something potentially stupid. If you need more info let me know. The bootloader is still locked though. I did search before posting but for once I think I actually am the first person to post about this particular problem./

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    If you had a locked bootloader, but a rooted phone you should have been able to accept an OTA update without problem, but it probably would unroot you. I'm not a technician, so I'll stop there and allow more knowledgeable people to chime in with suggestions on what you can do now.
    lusheando likes this.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    RSDlite flash failed. Help?
    (Failed to boot 1) on phone and Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. Phone(0000): Error switching phone to BP Pass through mode (0x70BE); phone connected

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lusheando View Post
    RSDlite flash failed. Help?
    (Failed to boot 1) on phone and Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. Phone(0000): Error switching phone to BP Pass through mode (0x70BE); phone connected
    is this a replacement phone from motorola?

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    NO, I got it new. Thing is I cant even get into RSD, only fastboot protocol.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Re: February 2013 OTA Update

I downloaded the OTA update today and my phone won't even boot up. It is stuck in a boot loop. Anybody have any ideas?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    How far does your phone get? Past the dual core screen with the moto logo? Or does it stay in that screen with an error message of some kind?
    Were you rooted/unlocked and on what version? Just trying to figure this out, since I have no phone thanks to this!

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by shay5607 View Post
    is this a replacement phone from motorola?
    Why do you ask though, would it make a difference?

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    If you had a locked bootloader, but a rooted phone you should have been able to accept an OTA update without problem, but it probably would unroot you. I'm not a technician, so I'll stop there and allow more knowledgeable people to chime in with suggestions on what you can do now.
    Alright, yea thats what I thought too. Last update was just like that. Lost root but nothing more. I guess something more was going on here. Where are the rescue squad people?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I downloaded the OTA on my not-rooted, non-messed with Atrix. After the install, I got "Failed to boot 1" and something like 'RSD mode' something with the moto logo. Subsequent battery pull and reboot, only "Failed to boot 1" with the logo. Tried vol-down and pwr and can't get to the menus. Thinking about flashing with RSD Lite. Will I ever get my Atrix back?

Gripe: BTW ATT wants to sell me a new contract and a new phone and doesn't care that they destroyed my Atrix. Motorola basically says, 'well, you can send it here for $75 + parts', or you can call ATT. So basically, they all are telling me they don't care that they blew up my OS. Really annoying. Somebody made that OTA update with some bugs. Nice GPS update with security improvements. The update is so secure that not even ATT can hack it now.

...end of gripe, back to trying to raise the dead...

Anyone get their Atrix to work again after this update?
    lusheando likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads