Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ATRIX PROBLEM? won't open/download MP3 that I select, downloads what I don't select

This is a discussion on ATRIX PROBLEM? won't open/download MP3 that I select, downloads what I don't select within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Hello, I am new to android type phones. I had an IPHONE. Learning little by little, but am no GEEK for sure. I wonder if ...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

ATRIX PROBLEM? won't open/download MP3 that I select, downloads what I don't select

Hello,
    I am new to android type phones. I had an IPHONE. Learning little by little, but am no GEEK for sure.

I wonder if some else could try this out to see how their phone reacts.

Go to GCN (Genesis Communication Network) home page. This is a internet radio network that has many programs thru out the day and a person can listen when they want because all the shows archive their programs (years, months, days).

Click on LISTEN towards the top of the page and it will display all the programs that play on GCN.

The first one is Alex Jones - if you go into the ARCHIVES, it will open. Then I click on March 2011 and it gives me all the programs that have been recorded hour by hour (because it is a daily 4 hour show) thru today.

I scroll down thru the month of March and try to click on recent program dates and it starts downloading March 4th, or March 6th or any other date but not the one I want.

It downloads great, and multiple downloads at once, but I just can't capture the date I want. It has a mind of its own and I don't know what I am doing wrong. I called for help but I could tell that the people that were trying to answer my question (were in the land of OZ) didn't know either. All they had to go by were directions and that didn't answer this question.

Also, I belong to Coast to Coast AM radio program that has all their broadcast on MP3 and can be played by Real Player or Windows Media Player.

I went to Marketplace and added a FREE Real Player and I even (probalby by accident) was able to put the 1st hour audio program in the folder in the Real Player program. Went to try to play it from the folder, it went to the Coast to Coast AM website and looked like it was going to play and it said that Real Player from Marketplace wouldn't open it.

I can't afford to buy program after program just to find out what works.

Can someone go to GCN, (click) Listen, (click on) Alex Jones, (click) Archives and see if your phone will focus in and load the date you click on (try the latest shows and maybe several downloads).

Thank you for any help.

I have a friend that has an EVO and it doesn't have the dual processor, but she never had to load any software and hers will download just fine - hummmmmm

I am still on my 30 day trial, but have thought of just giving it up because I really feel something ain't right....would be great to know that if I am doing something wrong.

Hope this message made sense.....if not please let me know. Witts End!

I also tried another program from the GCN listing (The Power Hour) and had the same problem with it.

Thanks,
    Diane

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    I don't know if this will help, but this is what I was able to do...

I went to the archives as you said and got the list of daily shows, four of each day. I zoomed in (double tap screen) so the I could easily select the one I wanted. I pressed on March 18 hour 1 and held it down (long press); a menu popped up and I selected Open. It gave me a choice of music player I wanted to use and I chose the stock Music. It started streaming the audio pretty quick and I could read the file name contained the correct date. So it seemed to work OK for me, but I didn't see an option to download the files as mp3, just stream.

Sent from my Rooted Atrix using Tapatalk Pro

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Exchanged my atrix for another one - now it works - but need help with mp3 software

Well thank you very much for your post and yes that is the way it should work....
    Well this was my solution. I took my ATRIX back today and exchanged it for another one and it did work that way. Mine was flawed.....

Now I am trying to get another internet program to work. The only thing is you can't get into it if you aren't a member.

It uses Real Player or Windows Media Player to play MP3s and again. I downloaded the free version of Real Player from the Market and also Lyrics.

This MP3 that I am trying to open can't be opened because my Atrix doesn't recognize it.

You can look at the sight you just won't be able to download from it.

Coast to Coast AM.com

A person can download 1 - 4 hours of playtime, and I tried loading one hour at a time as usual, then I tried to load it Real Player high bandwidth, and Windows Media Player hig bandwidth.

Any ideas...

Thanks again,
    Diane

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    I don't know if the Real Player we have for our phones is designed to be able to play secured streaming music like this, but I don't know for sure as I'm not able to test it.

I would think your best bet would be to use the MP3 links under the Real Player hi/low and Windows Media hi/low options. I believe there was Hour 1, 2, 3, 4 for the MP3s. I would download those, which should save it somewhere on your phone as an .MP3 file. You would then have to find out where it saved it in the Files app in the app drawer. It should be in the Download folder, I believe. You should be able to launch it from there and it will give you options as to which player to use. You could use the stock Music or Real Player to play the file.

If this is not what you're trying to get done please let me know. I'm just doing a lot of assuming since, like you said, I'm not able to log in to actually try it.

It looks like they have a dedicated iPhone app, but not one for Android. Maybe write them and ask what they would recommend to try on Android?

Good luck!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello das8nt..............
    OK, have some more questions.... #1 I wrote an e-mail to Coast to Coast and will see what they say. Also have a few how to questions that I can't seem to see written about in the help sections...

The only place I know where all the times I have tried to download the Real Player High width is located on my Download History page.

Of course when I open the Real Player High Width it goes to a page that has on the top line:

Artists Albums Genres Songs and Playlists - and right underneath that it shows "Recently Added" in which there is nothing in it.

Like I said the only place I see the downloads is in download history.

How would I so a search for an MP3?

How to you get to Files App---App Drawer

Well you can see I ain't no IT GEEK.....trial and errrrrror for me....

Thanks for any help

Diane

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    I would avoid going into Real Player at first. Just use the Browser to go to their website and tap the link for the hour you want to download. Ignore the Real Player links and the Windows Media links, but use the links under MP3 Download: Hour 1 Hour 2 etc. Your browser should start the download. Once finished, go back to your home screen and open the circle in the bottom center of your home screen (between the Phone and Contacts icons); that will be your app drawer. You should be able to scroll down to an app called Files. Open it and go to the Internal Phone Storage and then into Downloads. Your MP3 file should be there.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    OK here is the latest. I found all the downloads. It will not let me load hour by hour. So I stuck with loading Real Player High Width Band. I went to files and opened up Internal Phone Storage/downloads, they were there, but still won't open with Real Player. WILD.......

I wonder if I should buy Windows Media Player from the market????

In the meantime I have an e-mail into the program......

Hummmmm...this is so weird.

Thanks
    Diane

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Red face

Just another bit of information that I remembered......

I have a friend that has an EVO and it is not a dual core processor but it downloaded from Coast to Coast after I logged in of course with NO PROBLEM.

Thanks,
    Diane

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Well, I am stumped as far as the next step.

I don't know if the dual core processor would be the problem, it could be, but I would think it might have something to do with the way Moto has our phone handle different audio codecs. From the reviews in the Market, the Real Player app doesn't play actual .rm (Real Media) files like it does on a PC. That might be one of the issues. The Real Player is also still a Beta version, so there's sure to be bugs; the reviews in the Market are very mixed. I don't know why it would work OK on the Evo, though.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help on this. Keep us updated if you're able to get anymore info from the website.

Remove Ads

Ads