Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Texting Help: return key missing...smiley instead

This is a discussion on Texting Help: return key missing...smiley instead within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; When composing a new message from a default messaging app. instead of the regular return key..I have a smiley icon in its place. I need ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Texting Help: return key missing...smiley instead

When composing a new message from a default messaging app. instead of the regular return key..I have a smiley icon in its place.
    I need the return key to be there. I don't use smiley faces that often. Return key is a must.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Look in the messaging app's settings for an "action key" setting. It should have an option to change between smiles and a return key.

Edit: Just saw that you said default. I'll check and sere if I can't find the option.

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm surprised people are not rioting over this.. I thought it would be a bigger deal for everyone.
    I hope I made it clear what the problem is.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    thank you for looking into this btw!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    No problem, though I have to ready I'm stumped. I have been using handsent as my messaging app for quite a while and have been trying out GO SMS for the last couple days and both of which I was able to find and change the action button option.

I can't see anywhere ok in the default app where you can change it.

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    handcent is really good, I just switched to it. F the original program.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    This issue should not not die, I hope more folks jump on board to fix this. It is unbelievable that there would not be a return option in the default SMS keyboard. I would appreciate someone explaining to me how to even perform a 'return' in a sms, or do I go to txting purgatory for using 'returns'. Not having the return key is beyond me. I have no idea what the designer that decided to put in a smiley instead of the return key, with no option for a return!, was thinking, seriously? I am unbelievably frustrated that I have to download an app to press return in a text message. Can someone from motorola or android please respond to explain this, or better yet provide a solution without downloading an app? I'm seriously considering returning my atrix to simply not economically support gross design stupidity.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    I used the stock sms for about 30 minutes. Used handcent, now I'm on go sms. Honestly.. Don't waste your time on most of the stock apps.. You're better off getting something different, prime example being this issue. Go sms is amazing in every way, I would be really confused if you returned your phone over the crappy sms app this phone comes with..
    "Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Ya it's driving me crazy..I ignore it now, but occasionally when trying to backspace a :-) pops up. And even if I want a smile I hate the look of :-)... all the way

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    You are kidding, right? Why not take two seconds and download go sms..? It's free. If it bothers you that much, seems worth it. I have a return button on my keyboard.
    "Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads